viper P.O.S. in deep powder

sxrsist

VIP Member
we have got a couple of feet of fresh powder here,my viper is always puking out, snow come in under the hood and the motor pukes, you haave to let it run for a biy to thaw out and then youl gop for another 10 feet,i have blockled all the vents and its a little better, my old sxr was with me today with no problems at all, whats with this piece of shit, does yamaha not klnow you ride these seld in snow? might just sell it and buy a sxr again if this keeps up

man turk, that thing pissed me off today, ive got the pipes off already and set back to stock,what were they thinkin when they mde that thing?, we suppose to support aftermarket companies so we can ride a viper in deep snow, i already blocked off the ram air

Pulling the screen out of the vent above the brake rotor helps. Snow will fall though and the vent stays clear better. Leave the two lower vent screens in. If you pull those two, snow will fall on the pipes, cool them down, and then you loose power.
Also a snow deflector for the tail pipe helps keep the exhaust clear in deep powder.

Yamaha does make a fix for that. Page 35 of the accesory book. Viper mountian air intake kit, for running in deep powder, mountians come with it

have you blocked the intake on the rightside belly, i missed that one run like crap especially right turns, and this got worse with pipes, block that one and cold air intake should fix it

Block off ALL the under hood air and install four florites or Mountain Preformance cold air filters behind the wind shield so the engine has to draw cold fresh air. We keep our carb heat off down to about 0 deg. Bog is gone.

Fortunately for me I've never had this problem and I've run in up to 4 foot of powder Hmmm? But at the same time I've always used one of those Pre-powder filters that fits over the air box. Works like a champ, never once had any snow build-up. It only costs about 10-20 bucks and they come in a couple colors to spiff up under the hood. Elastic band that just slides on. Mountain Perf. Has one.

I also use a powder pre-filter from MPI. Had problems before just from following with sno-dust. No more problems.

Back