700 triple in Phazer

motoxluke

Any thoughts on this....could be a pretty fun sled and lighter than the sleds that come with the triple

Could be a fun novelty, As we own both SXR and a Phazer, I would not want to run the Phazer any faster than it already goes. Poor brakes, crap suspension. Now, put some hydrolic brakes and only do some two tracking maybe, but the narrow bars, narrow running boards, pogo front suspension, Ugh. Go have some fun, but, remember it will be a novelty. Al

By the time you switch everything over it would be close to the same weight I would think. Remember you would have to add a cooling system too!

no no im talking about the phazers with the twin 500cc 4 stroke....seeing its a new sled with lightweight parts, newer suspension with a-arms compared to trailing arms. It would be cool to have a new yamaha sled with the tried and true triple 700.

I highly doubt anyone can fit a triple cylinder 2-stroke in that little engine bay. While it would be fun, you would be better off with a turbo setup and maybe make more power. The MC Xpress kit makes around 140 hp at 12 psi.

0000016094b2c50.jpg

Last edited:
no i guess not uh...i just seen someone youtube had one it but im not sure if it was a clean job or not..he most likely hacked up the frame to do it..i think a twin from a cat would be easier since the intake is in front, but i wouldnt want to mix yami and arctic cat

I think you could get the engine to fit easy enough... pipes would be another story though...

I was actually thinking 2000 era phazer when I saw that title, then thought early 90's Phazer... 4stroke phazer never even came to mind... think it would be cool to make one of them really run... but might as well go with a Nytro if you like that riding position

There was a guy on craigslist in minneapolis selling one exactly like you describe not too long ago. May still be for sale.

I like it, be neat to get a bit better looking hood/bodywork on it.

Pretty cool swap over , dare to be differnt! :2strokes:

Back