sx-r setup help

SWEDE

Hello,
I'm new to this forum,but have looked a few times.I recently acquired an '01 sx-r700 and am setting up the rear suspension.Here is what I have done so far.Cranked up center shock all the way per what I read from daytripper on here,fra is in the middle position and set rear spring for equal gap top and bottom on control rods,stock spacers on those I believe.This setup helped ,I think it falling though its travel to fast before and riding in the coupled setting which made it ride terrible.I weigh 187 with gear on,like I said this current setup helped,but it still feels stiff overall.Would a shock revalve be a worthy upgrade?Or is there something that I am missing in my setup.I did not get a manual with this sled so any suggestions would be appreciated.

a shock revalve for your body weight will always be better for you, but you should be check ride height first and adjust the preload on your shocks and then go from there.i would check the tech section on ty home page there are instructions there on how to set up a stock suspension front ad rear...

Thanks guys,I looked in the tech section in the past,but did'nt seeride height or sag for my sled it said na.How much should it sag when I sit on it?Also has anybody on here used Pioneer or Maximum for shock revalving and were you happy with it?I see that pioneer is noticeably cheaper for that kind of work.

yes i have the pioneer perf. long travel rear suspension and i love it works great, do you have the weight transfer rods the are a must on late model yammies and also help with track hook up. pioneers kit isnt much different from maxx perf and it is a little cheaper. i am very satisfied with there LT kit....

try moving the FRA to the stiff position first if you think it is bottoming out too fast. If that doesn't do it, definately get them revalved and rebuilt

Back