Bravo Secondary Help!

rx1007

How does a Bravo secondary clutch come off? Do you remove the nut and washer and slide it off? Is it pressed on? I have a couple parts sleds that I am doing over and they both have the same issue. I can't get the clutch off. They are stuck. Am I missing something or doing it wrong? Any and all help would greatly be appreciated. Thanks. Jeff.

The outside of the clutch is held in place buy a tapered collar. Take the nut off and use a plastic mallet and tap on the outside (non sliding sheave) as you rotate the secondary. You will be tapping on the face of the sheave toward you as hit it. Should pop right off with a little patience.

If you look at out side sheave there is a place to put there bolts or nuts and a 3 poiint puller this will remove clutch. note that the helix will stay on jackshaft this part is threaded on to the jackshaft. If you want to remove I found that you can normally remove by lightly tapping on it

myron

Thanks for the help. Puller and a little patience paid off. Worked like a charm. You can always count on the members of this site with any help or questions. Thanks again.

powervalve01 said:
not all clutches need a puller infact ive never used a puller on a secondary clutch ever

Well then you've never worked on a Bravo secondary.

Left hand thread to boot! Little buggers! Lightly tapping never helped with any I did. More like a 36" pipe wrench! (Okay, I'm exaggerating but!)

Back