2000 SXR600 Piped setup

snomo101

Website
www.rgconcepts.net
Hey guys, been playing around with clutching this past week. 6000 miles on my 2000 SXR600, this fall rebuilt both primary and secondary clutches, installed Maximum Performance Helix, not sure what angle it says 6PTO on it. Primary has 8CA weights with rivet in outer hole. 15.6mm rollers, stock primary spring YGY. Stock secondary spring, red wrap at 80. SLP Pipes, tempaflow, 42.5 pilots. Mains are jetted for -20, 143.8 all three due to tempaflow.

My rpms, 4200 engagement, 9000-9200 Rpms My low end is just not there, its a little boggy, I put on a brand new 8DN belt and that helped a bit, but just not enough. Any sugjestions?

I have basically the same set up with PSI pipes try lowering your clips one notch on the needles and if you don't mind using high test take out the center layer of your head gaskets.

Where are your fuel screws at? is it boggy on the stand? Is your belt riding high enough in the secondary (1.2mm above the rim). Is your center to center correct and is the motor adjusted so your C2C does not pull itself out when under load. Did you double check EVERYTHING making sure carb boots were all in place and not blocking a carb. Fuel lines are not pinched clutches are scuffed and super clean faces. Doug

I thought that it only affected the midrange but I got the info of Hardcore tried it and it helped the head gasget mod did the most for of the line I am using the same helix in fact all my stuff came from Maxximum Performance

My PTO 137.5, mag & center140, pilots all 45 ,fuel screws 2.5 turns, my EGT'S never go over 1350 deg. I removed the heads twice to check the piston wash and they seem to still be slightly rich, I have been running this combination for the last 10000 km with no problems. :rockon:

Thanks guys, It did not seem to be boggy on the stand. The fuel screws are 2 turns out. The carbs are clean and boots are in place. I do need to check center to center and off set. Installed new belt and is sitting correctly on secondary. How do I check if the motor is setting correctly? The clutch off set should cover this? I am wondering if I should try turning the fuel screws out to 21/2??????????????

Back