HOw many miles we can put on a srx engine??

fortress

I have 13000 km on my 2001 srx!!! HOw many more miles can i expect to do before problem start with engine??!? The compression is good! I dont want to keep my srx if the engine will blow soon!! Cost too much to repair!

Expect many more, if Maintance is done. Legendary tripple has recorded 10,000 miles without issue several times. This is un-heard of for a two stroke. Yamaha builds the best two-stroker, period.

Jimbo said:
Expect many more, if Maintance is done. Legendary tripple has recorded 10,000 miles without issue several times. This is un-heard of for a two stroke. Yamaha builds the best two-stroker, period.

hummm 10 000 miles??? its about 16 000 km so, not alot more!!! probably my last winter so!!

There are 2 SRX mountains in my area with over 21,000 kilo,s..still going strong!!! I have 7500 miles on mine & it works well!

Turk said:
There are 2 SRX mountains in my area with over 21,000 kilo,s..still going strong!!! I have 7500 miles on mine & it works well!

Mike how did you make out with the primary clutch from last season? I take it you had to cut it off?

Turk said:

OK,, so, somewhere between 16000 and 20000 km its reasonnable!!!! thx for the info guys!

we have a '98 with 10,000 miles and it runs like brand new. Even if you DID have to rebuild, new rings and a cylinger hone would probably take care of any problem with compression, as long as you use good oil and know how to maintain a little bit

I have over 22,000kilos on my improved stock 98 srx 700, tore it down in the summer to check condition of engine. Everything was in great shape,all mesurements were well within specs. So i installed new rings and hopefully i should get alot more miles out of it. I have used nothing but a good brand of synthetic oil for the life of the sled.

BEst friend rides an 01 srx with 11,000 miles, zero engine problems although we have rebuilt the clutches and gone through 2 tracks.

I retired my 99 ported srx with 12,000 miles - same pistons and rings - i did break a pover valve and it went into the motor (@6000) and spit it out the exhaust - this happened before we worried about cleaning the valves - no cleaning at all. had to replace the cables also at 9000 or so. that was the 2nd and last time they got cleaned.

I know a couple of guys with high mileage on their SRX's without problems (one guy over 30,000kms, the other over 25,000kms). The guy with the 25g actually snapped his crank in two and retired it for an RX1. He was always driving wide open. My 2000SRX blew apart beyond repair at 6000kms...the motor needed replacement (thank God for warranty).

I finally got the primary off after 3 bent pullers. Nuclear fusion type heat on the middle of the clutch while tightening the puller finally popped it. Tried grease, freezing water ...everyything. Heating the clutch till nuclear fusion glowing red worked!!!

Back