VK540 review & lights don't work

Weez1

Hi,

I'm thinking about buying a 1988 VK540.

I'm looking for a good machine to drag trails and for bush-wacking with occasional trail riding.

The seller told me he had the stator replaced because there was no spark a few years ago. He said after the stator was replaced the lights never worked, but he couldn't be bothered to fix it since he only uses it in the daytime.

Any advice on what the problem might be? thanks.

PS, how does a VK540 compare to a Skandic 500 fan in powder and for weight/getting stuck?

vk has way more power compared to the 503 skandic. buddy had the skandic and sold it to buy a vk as they where both running together trapping and the skandic was getting stuck more than the vk in the same conditions.

i would check that the lighting plugs are all fully seated and clean, then clean the grounds and if it still is not putting out the proper power level, replace the voltage regulator and all 3 light bulbs.

they are an awsome machine for doing what you are saying you want to do. my uncle owns all 3 versions and the vk540/vk540II have both been to heck and back every year. the II shows 12000km and has shown that for the last 8 years with only minor maintence and regular abuse.

Back