srx project

t-rav

SAM_0852.jpg

whent riding today with my dad had the srx and my little old 600 and was very dissapointed with the purchase of my srx my 600 would pull away from the srx like it was sitting still but my 600 is no slouch either but came home and thought to myself well the guy said he cleaned the powervalved but i will look anyways so long story short i pulled all of them out and they were all pull throughs i will put some pics up i was very upset with the guy who i bought it off to say the least. but here is a pic of both sled from todays ride

Last edited:

Wow...all 3! Get them repaired and it will ripp your arms off. I could notice the difference with one broken cable on my sled.

ya im just gonna get brand new ones change all gaskets and clean the slots up good and hope she rips the guy i bought it off said it was doin 120mph on the guy but i cant beleive him because he also said all the power valves were checked and cleaned.

wow, all 3, after you put it back together it will feel like you were riding it today with the choke left on... be sure to properly adjust them, information how to do it is on this site. Your rpm should be 8500.

ordered brand new ones i guess im so excited of the snow were getting i just had to order them right away my next thing is to get more power out of it any info on how

Set it up well as a stocker before even thinking of power adders! A really well set up SRX is a very fast sled. I just helped a guy set up his clutching and suspension.He was running 126 mph last time out. Gps speed! Glare ice long pull but still, These sleds are fast!

You are loseing 40 hp i would think with no powervalves working.....but if you still want or need more power start by checking everything and replacing all the wear items that a ten year old sled would need.

Than post back what you have in both clutches,gearing,any mods.and what it revs at from a stop to full rpm and what you want to do with it either running those fast trails up there to dragracing?New valves are expensive so fix the old ones and use them and keep the new ones for backup.....yes they do work better than new in the long run!

ok guys so my new powervalves are here now im just wondering how to adjust them once they are back in i read the how to in the tech section but im replacing them new so how do i go from here and i dont have any little battery set up to do it any help would be very appreciated.

Put your new valves in and adjust the cables to have a lot of slack so you don't risk breaking a cable,been there,start the engine and idle it down to 900 and mark the servo.This will be your reference to full open for the cable adjustment so just follow the directions in the tech section and you should be good to go and discover just how much that sled WILL rip.

Oh and when you put the new valves in use a dab of never seize if you have it on the cable ends,it will really help reduce the wear plus they slide out easier the next time.

Back