1.25 track

robert

would like some advice on upgrading track to 1.25 heard i got to change drive wheels is this so

I put a 1.25" Predator track in my SX chassis and did not have to change drivers. It did rub on the front heat exchanger protectors unitl is wore itself in. I did not stud it yet but when I do, I think I am probably going to have to go to the 8 tooth drivers to get the clearance needed for the front exchanger.

I am running a 02 vmax and a 03 viper with 1.25in ripsaws on the stock 9 tooth drivers. I am also running studs in both with no problem. They are woodys gold diggers 1.325in. But the track you do have to trim down in the track window. I believe I had to trim mine down 1/4in so the track doesn't rub on the tunnel and heat exchanger protectors. Its not a good idea to just let it rub in. I have heard on here of people having the protectors come off and the track rubbing through the front heat exchanger protectors. I also had a buddy that bought a 02 viper with a 1.25in track on it. Once checking it out he found that the track rubbed through the heat exchanger protectors and because of that ruined the track.

Back