01 srx vs 02 srx

LaPorte429 said:
Yeah that's true about heel clickers ^^^ I read a lot of people couldn't get them set up for top end quite as good as the Yamaha weights. And yeah the stock can on these sleds works great, after market ones don't provide enough back pressure so you lose hp at the end of the rev curve for top end!

That's why I never went with Heelclcikers in the beginning on my Viper. Originally when mine was new I could not get the R's down much under 9000. I actually had heavy bolts in place of my rivets on the stock weights with no luck. My dad had the same issue with his at the time so we started looking into aftermarket clutching. I started consulting with Jeff Simons of Simons CPR. At the time I wanted to try the Heelclickers. He said I would steer you that way if all you were doing was drag racing because he felt those were the best for that application but needed constant tuning for changing conditions. He recommended the Heavy Hitters claiming that once you had them dialed you were set with little or no fiddling from that point on. Well after 8000 miles on my original set of HH's I am sold. Once I got mine set I just don't have to mess with them. They sure beat pounding rivets too.

I run the stock 47. You can use a multi with HH's for drag racing but most don't backshift that well in the trails. For all purpose riding you can use your stock helix.

Nice! If I were to drag race I would look towards adjustable weights but the loaded 8dn-20 setup should work great for what I do!

Back