01 srx vs 07 attack

Srx is 140ish hp? Attak/Apex is 150 hp. The Attak/Apex weighs about 100lb or more than the Srx. The race should go to the lighter sled in a short distance. The 4strokes seem to have longer legs so a long race should go to the 4stroke in theory.
Now not all sleds come from the factory the same. Some are strong, some are dogs and the rest are what the factory aims to produce. Its hard to theorize what sled would win each race because same year and type of sled come from the factory different. Throw in the mix of different drivers and it seems impossible to predict the outcome.
When we ever get snow out here I will line up against Doug (Bluemonster1) and let you know what sled wins.

should be a good race Jeff.I think we are going to try and get to the Red River next weekend.Its now or never as Feb shows no sign of snow well up to the 9th.The Red River is full of tracks and a lot of ice spots..but should make for some good running.Probably just take the 600 out first to see what gives..if it looks well,then will try the SRX with the 8bu-10's and wipe that smile of your face...lol

NUFF SAID!!!

GOT STUDS ?????

Jeff ,you should be able to get to the little Restaurant in St.Adolph and drive right off your trailer onto the dike behind it and right on to the River.We usually go there for lunch when we ride..

if this race is on snow... it will take the srx right from the start to the finish i'm betting

not much snow,mostly ice packed and hard snow pack..so SRX gonna really love to dig them studs in for a hole shot and 8bu's should pull nicely..remember I am running just a little 700 compared to a 1000 cc motor....should I feel bad if I lose...it should be close...

Last edited:
Was playing on the Rat River yesterday with the kids on Sno-Tubes behind the Attak. My oldest son was giving rides on the Vector. Lots of cold hands, noses and fun. When all the little ones where warming up with some hot chocolate my son and I had a short race to 80mph. The Vector got a huge holeshot but the Attak blew by before 80mph. Waaaaaay too much track spin on the Attak. Had to feather the fun flipper to get those picks to bite.
Got an unprecedented 135 miles so far. :o| :o| :o| :o|
Looking forward to put this to rest. What is faster , Srx or Attak? LaLaLa

I have a piped viper and 07 apex. I have lined them up a few times across the field bedind my place. I am guessing it is just under a 1/4 mile. It typically ends up almost a tie. The apex has good torque out of the whole. It just hooks up and stays right beside the viper. The only thing keeping the viper from pulling away is traction. The 4 stroke power is much more linear and doesn't seem to overwhelm the track as much. From 80mph once the ground speed catches up to the track it is all viper.

SRX vs apex? My money is on the apex.

you would think Apex for sure because it has an extra 300 cc on the SRX..but a good clutched and tracked SRX will give it a run for the money for sure and not feel bad if they lose by a foot..or two.SRX will navigate around corners a little better also being it is lower to the surface.Still can't argue against a 10 plus year old sled sticking side by side with the newer sleds costing double what the SRX cost when new...still Yamaha's most favorite sleds ever..

bluemonster1 said:
you would think Apex for sure because it has an extra 300 cc on the SRX..but a good clutched and tracked SRX will give it a run for the money for sure and not feel bad if they lose by a foot..or two.SRX will navigate around corners a little better also being it is lower to the surface.Still can't argue against a 10 plus year old sled sticking side by side with the newer sleds costing double what the SRX cost when new...still Yamaha's most favorite sleds ever..

4 stroke vs. 2 stroke gotta throw the cc's out the window. Two totally different mechanical designs. Actually if you look at the dirt bike world it's like a 175%-200% difference hence 125cc 2 stroke runs a 250cc 4 stroke and a 250cc 2 stroke runs a 450cc 4 stroke. (old ones were 426) That being said if the same game plan was used on these sleds a 4 stroke that's equally matched with a 700 2 stroke would be around 1260cc to 1400cc.

thats where turbos come into play really wake the 4 strokes up. but at a very high cost. moneywise bang for buck tho you get a lot of it.

[QUOTE
When we ever get snow out here I will line up against Doug (Bluemonster1) and let you know what sled wins.[/QUOTE]
Sounds like a you guys are having your own monster jam....lol

Wish i was there ,first thing i would do is swap these 1.075 studs for some 1.175 and maybie 50 chisels on the outside rows...than it is setup for a dragrace.Would be so far out from you guys it would take a box of cookies to slow me down.

Wish i was there ,first thing i would do is swap these 1.075 studs for some 1.175 and maybie 50 chisels on the outside rows...than it is setup for a dragrace.Would be so far out from you guys it would take a box of cookies to slow me down.

chocolate chip?

Back