Fast M-10 Center to Center

musselman

Can someone with a fast M-10 measure the center to center distance between the front and read torque arm mounting locations? I think mine is not quite right because it rides terrible. i measured a polaris M-10 that looks just like mine but the center to center is slightly different, the polaris M-10 was 25 5/8 and mine was just under 25". My holes are drilled to 25 5/8 so I'm sure that's why it doesn't work.

Metric, standard and polaris dimensions are all good, just trying to figure out what my suspension is before I go drilling more holes. Thanks

Can you clarify your dimensions. You first say yours are just under 25", but then say yours are drilled at 25 5/8"??
Do you mean that the suspension is at 25" sitting out of the sled??

Thats not uncommon for any suspension.. Hopefully someone can get you the Dimensions from their M10. What did your M10 come out of?? Was it a stock Polaris skid, or aftermarket replacement?

It came out of an srx and was supposed to be a genuine Fast M-10.

The polaris M-10 I measured was 25 5/8" when it was outside the sled and the mounting holes in the tunnel were the same ctc.

Yours could be measuring different for a few reasons. Swingarms mounted in different locations on rails compared to the Polaris skid,or simply worn bushings causing freeplay in your skid.

Good luck

The front swingarms were both mounted in the same hole and to my knowledge there are no bushings in this skid. The only wear part would be the rear slider blocks I think and mine are in good shape. The two skids looked identical, the only difference was the center to center. I'm just wondering if I need to move my mounting holes closer together to match the skid.

When I bought my m10 for my apex this summer they told me that the polaris m10 is not the same as the fast m10,just in name only,I think all fast m10 are the same just differant mount kits,do you want me to measure mine? it is a 136. OK I measured the template it and it is 25-5/8 inch.

Last edited:
Thanks for the measurement. I wonder why mine is different, anyone else have some measurements? Maybe mine has some metric parts on it?

Here are a few pictures of what I have:

To me it looks like a newer one but I'm not sure now.

IMG_1733.jpg

IMG_1713.jpg

Anyone have some measurements? I rode a polaris with an m-10 on the weekend and I couldn't believe how smooth it was. I was cringing before some large bumps and I didn't even feel them :dunno:.

I'm thinking one of the torque arms was replaced with something else, the front one in particular with a shorter one. Otherwise I don't know why mine would be different.

I'm still looking for someone to measure their skid for me. It can be an M-10 or M-20 Airwave, they should be all the same. The picture below shows the type of measurements I am looking for.

The reason I am looking for these is because when mounted in the tunnel my rear coupling blocks are almost at the bottom with the sled in the air. Mount holes are at 25.555" exactly so just trying to figure out what is going on. My "A" measurement right now is 24.5" which causes an issue trying to mount it at 25.555" as it has to move back 1".

M-20 Dimensions.png

Last edited:
IMG_20151202_091135595[1].jpgI did my Fast m10 the exact same way you did and it seemed to ride great. How did you adjust your track tension. From what I understand these suspensions need a lot of slack to work properly. I set mine at about 1 1/2" slack with no weight for now and I had no problems. I will adjust further when we get enough snow. Just a thought.

That seems right for a 121" track, it will get much tighter as it compresses.

Are your coupling blocks up near the top when the rear is in the air? Hard to tell from that picture.

I know you have a longer track but how much free hanging sag do you have? I am pretty sure your mounting is right as I found all your posts and a bunch of other info when I did mine. It has to be something not letting the suspension do its job. I read people having as much as 3" of free hanging sag in their 121" track. I would think it would be more with a longer track.

Back