SRX High Idle Problem

700srx

Have a 98SRX Maxxperf 780 bigbore. Problem is it revs up to about 3800-4000 and stays there till i hit the choke. Does it warmed up and cold. Fuel screws turned out 1-1/8 42.5 pilots 2-150,1-152.5 on the mains. Eveything is stock jetting except mains and air pilots. Air pilots are .07 i believe. Should i go back to the 1.0's. Also running Delta Force reeds. I have also had some problems fouling on start up. I also decide to run BR9ES's $7.99 for the br9ecs is a little to much i think. Anybody see any problems running the BR9ES's. Thanks

You are lean, if your carbs have been cleaned good, open up the screws to 1-3/4 turns and try it again. Keep opening them in 1/8 to 1/4 turns till the problem goes away. Dont open more then 2-3/4 turns.

I ran into the same problem with my 98 srx. I have a service manual that calls for 1 1/8 turns on the air screws. After making this adjustment I was fouling plugs and had a high idle problem. I then noticed on my clutch cover that it called for 1 1/2 turns on the air screw. This seemed to cure the problem. Is this a misprint in the service manual I wonder.

Check for air leaks at the carbs. This will also cause what you are having. Maxdlx

Idling problem

I turned out a 1/2 a turn. It revs high for a few seconds,but does idle down by itself. Another question was out today riding in deep snow. When at full throttle it revs to about 8500 and seems to cut out like it hitting a rev limiter. Plugs look like a cardboard brown maybe a little darker. Also running Br9es. Do srx's have rev limiters? On hard pack it don't seem to do it and the rpms are a little lower. Was going to add a couple more washers to the tip. To see if that would help. What do you guys think?

Back