mancelona

Will be slushy, snirty corners. Didnt go out today......4 letter word....WORK! Was out yesterday put 140 on the 99 srx. Stay east of starvation lake rd for best conditions, Alot more snow has fallen out there and alot better base. Thinking it was yammie day or something yesterday, seen at least 40 sleds out, 0 cats,3 ski donts, 1 poolaris and the rest were yamaha!

Still quite a bit of snow out there, Tried breaking a trail to a freinds cabin just west off the blue bear east of bear lake rd and ending up sinking the srx and girlfreind followed suit on the sxr! Happy happy joy joy a digging I go! Was sinking to over knee deep.

Ok sounds like its worth the trip probably will be the last since spring is here yeah those srx's or any sled is not fun to dig out are you going riding Thursday or Fri

Looked ugly yesterday. We packed up and left cabin in taffletown. Sloppy mess. Trail 6 across m66 looked like a mud bog. Trails in grand traverse county were impassable. Nothing was groomed as of Tuesday with a ton of trees over the trail. One 10 mile section of trail 55 got groomed. Blue bear was in mint condition Monday and Tuesday as well as the grayling and Gaylord trails. It's a damn shame it's all pretty much gone now.

Blue bear was in mint condition Monday and Tuesday as well as the grayling and Gaylord trails. It's a damn shame it's all pretty much gone now.[/QUOTE]

They are calling for 3-5 to fall on/near the blue bear tonight! We will be out bebopping around fri, hopefully sat and sunday too! Yet to decide whether haulin or riding the 15 or so miles to decent snow!

Wish I would've seen that in the forecast I would've left the sleds up there. We rode to Larry's in Elmira on Saturday. Got my teeth beat out of my head. Monday we rode to Lewiston / Atlanta those trails were in great shape. Came back down the blue bear and passed the groomer. Tuesday went into fife lake and took the worst trail I've ever seen up to kalkaska. I believe those trails (5 and 55) will be closed the rest of the year. They had a ton of snow but trees were broken off 5 ft up and laid across trail.

I live just off 131, (2000ft from trail) a couple miles south of larrys. We got 2-3 overnight and still coming, windy and blowing around. Thinkin good enough to launch from home and head for good snow!

Devilin AblueDress! said:
Weathermans calling for 13" by friday afternoon.........Hopefully the mayans are wrong......End of the worl with a foot of fresh and fluffy!

Here's hoping the weather man is right! Ill be up all week for christmass. A little shakedown ride would be nice present from santa.

Did my first ride along on the groomer last night. Trails were PRETTY ROUGH....even in the groomer! Curves burmed up real bad with skating rinks at the bottom. Past the otsego crew as we both were turning and burning at settings in lakes of the north. All were good to go at 1:30 this morning. Had a BLAST! Seen alot of yammies, mostly 4 strokers but did see a SRX leading the way followed up by a SxR and a few vmax's.

Well just got back from a trip up there. Stayed in Gaylord and got up Sunday and came home Tuesday night. We got 260 miles in. We rode everywhere to Waters, Wolverine, Gaylord, Twin Lakes. When we left at 4 on Tuesday trails were dirt and lots of standing water I would call them not ridable. Groomers were out though. So with the temps calling for single digets Wednsday and constant lake effect throughout the week and weekend it looks faverable up there. Also we stayed away from Lovels, and Lewiston they had no snow. Everything was north and west of Waters

Trails are all GREAT!...on another note......Noticed the "Yamahauler" parked at Larrys sevenski inn. (we all know where this is right?) Sign says DEMO RIDES 8-9-10, My buddy stopped there today and says they have one of the "yamacats" A.K.A the new viper.....will be checking it out tomorrow!

Called t & r Yamaha out of east Jordan yesterday. He said they will have 3 vipers then a nytro and apex. Supposed to be 20 min demo rides. I'm going but won't be at the demo till sun morning. Can't get up till late sat. Maybe I'll see ya there! Sounds like we will be riding to Larry's also, hit the woods and 2 tracks.

IF I get out of work early enough I will be stopping in tomorrow. Being as I only live a few minutes south of there I could ride it home and back (probably twice) in that 20 minutes! I have know Tim (the T in T&R) for 8-9 years now.

Very cool. I never even new they had a dealer in east Jordan till I heard of this. I'm going to have to check them out soon. Its been so so with some other local dealers thus far.

super1c said:
Very cool. I never even new they had a dealer in east Jordan till I heard of this. I'm going to have to check them out soon. Its been so so with some other local dealers thus far.

Yeah hear you there! Have graced the one in Gaylord twice with my presence.....will be a between a rock and a hard place to give them a 3rd. About impossible to find what you need in stock up here. I know we ride dinosaurs but when theres a ton of dinosaurs you would think somebody would have inventory. I try not to use aftermarket stuff but when its in stock its in stock! Anything I need OEM I order from the web. Trails around here are pretty fair shape still. Went out grooming yesterday......started feeling like Gilligan on his 3 hour tour! Normal 5-6 hour trip ate up 11 hours of my day! Had to bust out the chain saw on a few broken trees and LOTS weighted down(6" fresh snow) laying over into the trail......Pisten bully just knocks the snow of and stands them back up ;)!

Back