rpm problem

herb

2002 viper extended to 144x2" stock gearing,8 tooth extroverts,stock clutching.RPMs surge between 8000 & 8700 when in deep snow.Do i need to gear down and by how much?Will a clutch kit make any difference?

try winding your secondary tighter, just a quess but it might help stablize your rpms. Maxdlx

herb said:
2002 viper extended to 144x2" stock gearing,8 tooth extroverts,stock clutching.RPMs surge between 8000 & 8700 when in deep snow.Do i need to gear down and by how much?Will a clutch kit make any difference?

This will sound stupid by I think deep snow is key here. If you pull correct RPM's untill you dive off into deep powder & then you have problems I would say a exhaust restriction is happening from the deep snow or the 144" track is killing the stock red secondary spring.

If you stand on the left side of the sled to pull the exhaust out of the snow & the sled clears out gaining RPM's you will know whats happening. I had to add a deflector from SLP on my 02.

I would also run @ least a Yami Green secondary spring set 60-70 twist for the 144" depending on where you ride.

Back