Hyfax Tool

TimSRX

Hey guys, I am in my final semester in the Product Design Engineering program at Ferris State University in Michigan and it is senior project time. We need to design a product and create a prototype and all that jazz. My question is, has anyone seen or have information on a tool that removes hyfax without removing the rear skid? I thought I have read about one called the "Ez-remover" or something like that, but have had no luck. Any information reguarding a hyfax remover would be great. Thanks for any help. If anyone is interested, I can keep you all in the loop with how the project turns out too.

I used the chisel and hammer to remove my hyfax last month. But I am looking to see if there is a tool that is manufactured specifically for this task.

Lol yep all of the above....and like edunn said the ez-puller is just a dent puller which doesnt work on the really stubborn ones anyways.heres a pic of what most look like

Attachments

• puller.jpg
    puller.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 2
Is that the actual ez-puller? Or just and dent remover? Now, I'm not saying my project will be the best thig ever, in the end it will be a good project to do and will be usable by me when I'm all done. Are there any other tools available made to remove hyfax?

no just a reg. dent puller.the ez puller site isnt working.thought they were $60-$70.you can get a dent puller kit for $20 or less.other tools are just a chisel,screw driver,vise grips,hammer :)

Thanks Rich, my guess is that with you being a dealer there are no other tools out there designed for this task. Is that a correct statement?

i just cut on the wear line with a sharp knife and pry off from the side, that is if your not planing on reusing them

Back