Turbo just for the hell of it.

coryv4

I dont really know where to post this on the site but i thought i would let you guys know.
i have an old 1980s jag 3000 here is whats going down it currently is running 145psi both cylinders i am putting a 40mm HV lectron carb on with an old IHI turbo that came off a honda civic the carb came off one of my alcohol banshees. i am also going to be putting a AC 9 tower primary off a zrt 600 on it. i plan on try 6lbs of boost and see what happens

how 'ya going to oil it? Surprisingly that is one of the biggest roadblocks to turbo'ing an old sled, assuming you can make the custom intake/manifolds that are required. Getting oil to it requires an oil sump, cooler, and pump, which takes more power than a typical 2 stroke sled stator puts out.

prolay would havta do a stand alone system with a battery and keep an eye on how much juice is in it. theres a lot to think about when selecting compressor sizes on what size compressor would be efficient for your sled. and running a turbo to a carbed setup is a pita. fuel injection works wonders. for this kinda stuff. you got a lota work ahead of ya and if you dont have a good understanding of turbo setups you will meet mr. squeeky piston for sure. :whine:

smokingcrater said:
how 'ya going to oil it? Surprisingly that is one of the biggest roadblocks to turbo'ing an old sled, assuming you can make the custom intake/manifolds that are required. Getting oil to it requires an oil sump, cooler, and pump, which takes more power than a typical 2 stroke sled stator puts out.
i am using a drillbattery and a cheap oil pump from napa. i have a 421 cub running 12lbs of boost right now never had a chance to get it dynoed but a similar setup made 189hp with 14lbs, so this shouldnt be too much of a problem to build.

andrew k said:
prolay would havta do a stand alone system with a battery and keep an eye on how much juice is in it. theres a lot to think about when selecting compressor sizes on what size compressor would be efficient for your sled. and running a turbo to a carbed setup is a pita. fuel injection works wonders. for this kinda stuff. you got a lota work ahead of ya and if you dont have a good understanding of turbo setups you will meet mr. squeeky piston for sure. :whine:
this will be the 3rd home built 2stroke turbo i have. my 421 is running a gt20 turbo but this was also setup correctly with almost 9k invest witch involved porting billet crank billet tranny oringed cases ect.

Back