Need help 90 Phazer

chaserdog

Looking for some help, my brothers 90 Phazer is having some issues it is running on one cylinder. We have completely gone through the carbs, drained old gas, and changed the external coil. When we pull the plug wire on the PTO side the sled dies so the MAG side cylinder seems to be the problem. Both sides have good spark and when tested cold have good compression. What else could we check to try and get this to run the way it should? Thanks

Sled runs on one cylinder at idle you can choke the sled and get it going but at low speeds it is back on one. If you run it wide open then it seems to be ok.

there must be something going on in carbs pull them of check pilot jets and placment of rubber plugs in carbs there is a link somewhere here that will show you were they go

How did the problem happen? Had the sled been sitting for a while?r

What exactly did you do when you went through the carbs? There needs to be something put through all the jets to clean them. Drill bits of the proper size (numbered bits) work best, with your fingers only. Wires of various sizes can be used, put little kinks in them if they are too small. There is a very small passage in one of the holes at the bottom of the mouth of the carb that can cause the problem.

It could possibly be a crankcase leak.
And of course an intake leak or carburator air leak, but that would not be common.

Same thing was happening to me, turned out I had a crooked needle on the mag side carb, which wasn't blocking off the main jet properly. Causing it to run so rich the cylinder was simply not running on idle.

Back