Has anyone done this?

snowhite

Hey guys' on my '99 2 up venture long track there are different holes that you can move the skid to mount it.Now I moved the center idlers up and the rear mount I moved the bolts down on the plate that bolts to the tunnel.This made the rear of the sled sit higher from the ground, seemed like it also had more travell. Now what I need to know is if anybody done this,'cause it almost seems like the machine wants to jump around side to side when driving on the trails.I did a ski alignment when I changed this to make sure thet were running true with the track,changed the carbides to duallies.Any suggestions? :dunno:

it is my understanding that both mount points should be in the same corresponding holes. the venture shared the same brackets as the mtn max. the mtn max came with the skid in the lower holes, the venture in the upper.

probably not a big deal where you have it, but if you like the lower hole, move the center mount to the lower hole as well and test. effectively what you have done is added some ski pressure by raising the rear and offsetting the center position. a little tweaking and you should get the handling back.

as with any changes, record your starting point and make one change at a time. i would start with the limiter strap adjustment, loosening it a bit to relieve some ski pressure if no other changes were made besides swapping holes.

Hello guys', yes bluemonster we have the snow,actually I was in winn. last week! Pull out the lawnmower !! Yes snowdad,I am probably going to move the rear mount back up as oem,and yes that probably gave the skis more pressure as the sled seemed to feel like it was tipping from left to right. The wife drove it last weekend and didn't like how it stuttered back and forth! Keeps you awake though.

As snowdad stated you have increased ski pressure. Your travel is limited by your suspension so what you gained was tunnel clearance. Moving the front mount up gives a better approach angle, but also increases ski pressure. Same in the back, you have helped the approach angle of the track for deep snow, but also increased the ski pressure.

If you examine the track on a flat surface you should be able to notice that less of the track is in contact with the ground.

Look at it like a teeter totter. The more you raise the back of the sled, the more you are forcing the front of the sled downwards. There are obviously suspension adjustments that can help or hinder this too. In that position you should have your limiter straps all the way out.

Back