1.25" track on stock 500 VMax?...

TJ500

After the little I have used my MM in deep snow, I have quickly realized that the 0.75 stock Yoko-Ono on my 500 is garbage... I can't go anywhere deep without worrying of getting stuck bad...

Will a 1.25" /121 be too much track for a stock 500?.... Strictly for trail riding with no racing what so ever and no picks....

Any suggestions on a good performer?....

thanks..

Ripsaw!

TJ500, I put a 1.25 Ripsaw on my SRX700 and it made the world of differance! Night and day from the stocked with144 pics. The ripsaw with no pics out performs that stocker on all conditions except glear ICE. Try it and I will bet you won't beleave it! Enjoy

a 1 1/4 inch track will be fine on the 500, it just wont spin the track. It'll be MUCH better than stock

tj, i think a 1 1/4" will work great on a 500, traction is the biggest killer for yammy's. the trail rmk of a few years ago came out with 1 1/2" x 136" and it worked well on that with a 550 fan.. i might be able to get you a 1 1/4" track here, my friend has one he is swapping out for a 1 1/2 x144. let me know if your interested and i will see what kinda price i can get it for.

just put a ripsaw on. you will love it. just put one on my sxr500 and the hook up is awsome. made the stock yoko look sick. ill tell you my clutch set up after i figure it out. and if you can get the fully clipped ripsaw. it will still be worth it.

forgive my lack of knowledge regarding tracks, but are not all tracks "fully clipped"?... what is the advantage or disadvantage to a fully clipped track?...

The Ripsaw, is it good for deep snow too?..

Northmansx, I'll keep you posted...

tj..

some tracks have unclipped windows to reduce weight. i have never tried a ripsaw but everybody talks highly of them. i also have a brand new .92 off my sxr if you don't go to 1 1/4", but that's not much better than your stocker.

i put a 1.125 predater on my 500.love it like they said you got to work real hard to spin it,made me chance my riding style.and i lost about 7 mph on top.but great all around.also i got a chance to take it in some 6ft. fluffy drifts and even got brave enought to stop and pulled right out,i'd a been draggin it with the stocker.

put a 1.250 predator on 500xtc works great could take a 700sx w/pipes in powder. he had a 1 in w/studs. i geared it down 2 teeth on top put in a hauck #3 kit usi tunnelwide skis (7in wide) adj. transfer rods boy does this thing put a smile on your face this works much better than the ripsaw on my srx

Last edited:
ripsaw is damn good in powder compared to the yoko. i said get the fully clipped because in havin problems with mine. i have the every 3rd window closed one and mine is hanging up in low snow conditions. when i have powder it is good enogh to make my brothers viper sprint to keep up to me. i find the fully clipped one slides easyer and lets more snow on the slider plastic in low snow conditions. with stock clutching and gearing(to be changed as ness) i hit the same top speed as i did last season on gps.

Is it worth studding a ripsaw track. I am considering a ripsaw for my 2000 SX700r, and I like the comfort going over a lake and knowing the studs are going to keep me out of trouble on Glare Ice.

If it is worth studding, what is reccomended(will fit) for stud size on a SX700r?

Thanks

SX700rNY (Need snow in NY)

I'm in the process of converting a 121 to 136 with a 1.25 ripsaw. Bought the prepunch track and 8 tooth drivers so I can add studs. I'm going to try it without the studs, but in honesty, I'll probably stud it just for the safety reason. Being able to stop on a dime might just save my life someday. :ORC

Back