srv bad backfire problem

YZViper366

Lifetime VIP Member
I got a srv for free it hasn't been started for 7 years. Well I got it started but it has a bad back fire and it back fires into the fuel pump pulse line coming off the bottom of the engine and also through the pipe.

NOw there could be water a dirt and who knows what in the bottom of that engine I really don't know. I just got It to see if she would run.

Any ideas what would cause that?

new plugs and thouroughly clean the carb and fresh fuel and see where that gets you if it is 85 or newer disconnect the TORS and plug the wires back into themselves if not time to look at the motor

i had a sled that did the same thing it turned out to be from the idle hang ..as soon as i fixed it my back fireing went away

Got fresh fuel and cleaned Carb twice. I am unsure of the year but I will look for the tors and disconnect it if I find it has that system.

the pilot-passageways could be clogged i cleaned my carbs with cleaner and compressed air 3 times and they were still gunked. my 340cc backfired flames out the carb too. a new carb fixed my problem.see if having the choke on or half way gets it to run ...then if still problems... check compression and timing

I would put on a new set of spark plug wire caps and new plugs, my experience with backfiring is ignition related. Had the same problem with mine till I replaced the plug wire end caps.

Back