My yamalaris 485(pogo phazer front end)

xfaexciter80

So my goal here was to make something like nothing else out there. (and something to make my buddies way jealous) i started with a yamaha exciter 440 and this is the result!!! (still gotta paint and polish)

Attachments

• 536.jpg
    536.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 456
  • 261.jpg
    261.jpg
    13 KB · Views: 446
Last edited:

here are pictures of what she started as.
i wanted to have more suspension where this is more of an all around play sled so i stole the front end out of phazer and had lots of cutting to do

Attachments

• modsled2.bmp
    44.5 KB · Views: 71
  • mod sled.bmp
    84.5 KB · Views: 34
  • modsled1.bmp
    85.1 KB · Views: 29
welding the front end on

attaching the front end was pretty hard. I had to cut out the old square tube that had the motor mounts, clutch cover bracket, and exhuast support brackets. then welded in the hole front end from the phazer. had to get the height and side to side just right then just took some flat bar for extra support.

Attachments

• modsled7.jpg
    modsled7.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 10
  • modsled3.bmp
    84.5 KB · Views: 5
  • modsled6.jpg
    modsled6.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
attaching the skis and shocks

to put on the shocks i had to cut off the shocks! haha that makes sense. then i reattached the belly pan after hammering it into shape. i took a holesaw and cut holes in the side of the belly pan. i had some tubing machined to fit inside the original phazer frontend tube. pictures below show this. I then cut off what i didnt need to save all the weight that i could. on the shock side of the tube i welded it solid inside, then on the peice that goes into the bulkhead i pressed it in and drilled a hole and bolted it in so it would be removable in case i had to pull the belly pan.

Attachments

• 159.jpg
    159.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 440
  • 167.jpg
    167.jpg
    13.5 KB · Views: 441
  • 167.jpg
    167.jpg
    13.5 KB · Views: 440
  • 168.jpg
    168.jpg
    12 KB · Views: 440
  • modsled16.jpg
    modsled16.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 10
  • modsled8.jpg
    modsled8.jpg
    11.6 KB · Views: 439
  • modsled18.jpg
    modsled18.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 441
Steering GGGRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!

steering was a huge pain in the arss!!! i didnt think about it butt when you move the tie rods from the back of the steering stem to the front it reverses it so when i would steer left it would go right! :o| :o| haha so it was back to the drawing board with my buddy MIKES HARD LEMONADE for a minute. THIS IS WHEN I START USING POLARIS PARTS! :o| (dont tell anyone) haha i took the steering reverser from an indy trail which had to be fabed in
then i had to take the tie-rods from a phazer and shorten them to the right length. next i had to cut holes for the tierods to go through the belly pan. i used the rubber nipples from the phazer to give it a very stock clean look.
for the steering stem i used one out of a phazer. bars and risers are fly and rsi. cables were made to length.
video attached gotta watch it! if its not with this it will be in videos section for sure

Attachments

• 353.jpg
    353.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 437
  • 349.jpg
    349.jpg
    12.7 KB · Views: 434
  • 361.jpg
    361.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 17
485 Motor On 440 Cases Very Awesome Must Check This Out!!

So i was reading that this project could be done but i never believed it would be so sweet!!
i took some phazer cylinders and heads and had them bored .40 over
the exciter 440 cases had to be bored so that i could fit the larger cylinder sleeves down into the case. easy work with a dremal tool but i just had the machine shop do it for me. 30 bucks sounded easier haha! ;)!
i next had to take the head studs from the phazer block and put them into the 440 cases which was very simple:)
everything slid on with perfection and ease ;)! the pictures of this are below!

the hard part about this is getting the original fan shrouds to fit around the motor! it took some cutting and grinding but we got her to fit perfect for awesome air flow threw the shroud. aka i used a belt sander on the fins to make stuff fit and look good ;)! check out the sweet pics!

i also build some pretty sweet stingers for these 440s ill post a couple pics of this sweet mod. its about 15 -20 pounds lighter than stock ;)!

Attachments

• untitled4.bmp
    84.5 KB · Views: 27
  • untitled5.bmp
    85.1 KB · Views: 38
  • untitled6.bmp
    44.5 KB · Views: 60
  • exciterpipe3.bmp
    84.5 KB · Views: 35
  • exciterpipe2.bmp
    44.5 KB · Views: 34
Project Light Weight Time!

So this sled was ment to be an all around trail mountian around the house kinda sled but that doesnt mean i didnt want it as light as possible!

i built a pretty custom six pound seat out of aircraft 6164 seamless aluminum and made the part behind the tank look really clean without the 42.5 pounds that a stock seat has... ya thats right 42.5 pounds why would anyone want that!
i made it out of a yfz 450 yamaha seat GO YAMAHA!!!!! ( HAD TO KEEP IT AS BLUE AS POSSIBLE RIGHT?)
It mounts under the original tank shroud and bolts in on the back of the tunnel. very simple clean and awesome. with a more aggersive riding stance i love it
-also i used the lightweight silencer which ssaved about 15-20 pounds

-SIMMONS SKIS saved me about 5 pounds (not on in the pictures but will be on after all the body work is done)afraid to use them till we get more snow :letitsnow

-I used a polaris 144 ultra light skid ( i removed all unneeded wheels and weight from the skid and had the peices powder coated while it was out.

-the track is a two inch camoplast track that i ported out for minimun snow build up

- I went with 7 tooth drivers so that i could fit the track under the tunnel(still a very tight fit haha) ;)!

check out my gallery pics on snowmobilefanatics.com here is the link...
http://www.snowmobilefanatics.com/gallery/xfaexciter80/display.aspx
they have to much content to be loaded here all this stuff looks great! gotta see it

Last edited:
Sweet!!! how many hours do you have in this thing, or did you loose count. You are making my wheels spin on this build, WOW!!!

Sorry about that my brother helped me with my first set up on here and put that stuff on my signature and its my first post on here. sorry

love the biuld still can't wait to see more pics.

more pics soon

got lots more pics gonna make some high res shots and upload to photo bucket. this site wont let me do very high res shots so ill get a link to them tomorrow thanks for looking guys! :letitsnow

Now throw on a Polaris ProX seat and you will have a bad azz sled like no other!! ;)!

Back