belt and secondary setup

AKrider

Sorry if this has been posted before.

I'm new to Yamaha sleds (been riding/wrenching Polaris for many years) and have couple questions on the clutches, both primary and secondary.

1) are the Yami primarys built like Polaris, where you can add shims to 'widen' the primary? I've got a really bad belt squeal and the sled wants to move at idle.

2) I understand that the Yami secondarys have 3 bolts that adjust the width, how is this done? Do I need to buy/get washers?

3) I have an 01 700 MM and what is the belt height on the secondary?

Any other info on clutching and specs would be appreciated.. Thanks again guys for all your info.

remove washer behind bolts in secondary this lets secondary open more and loosen belt deflection to stop sqeel.try one washer per bolt to see if it stops

Thanks ted.. will give that a try.. been a learning experience with the 'new to me' MM.

you can also change the primary. I know of guys running grass changing the primary to run 8CH belts on SRX's instead of the 8DN. dont ask me how to do this as I dont know. What are you running for a belt though, I tried a softer compound aftermarket belt on my srx for grass and it squealed like a pig. It was listed as the correct belt for the srx but even with the belt deflection adjusted proper it would squeal and my alignment was spot on. made three runs with it and put the 8DN back in.

Well, I ended up removing both washers from the adjusting bolts and no more squeal. And I'm running an aftermarket belt, no local dealer so I have to order parts online.

Back