136 Viper OVERHEATING!!!!

onlyblue

VIP Member
i installed mountain performances 136 kit with the relocation and my 02 viper wants to run hot. it has never done this before. i burped the coolant and it seems fine, i dont have pipes either.

could it just be that the snow isnt making enough contact with the front exchanger and side exchangers due to the longer track? i have a rear heat exchanger coming, will this solve the problem???

Low snow riding? Could be need burped @ the rear coolant hose? Exchanger will help for sure but should not be needed in good snow!

Onlyblue are you in Alpena? Sounds like they are getting good snow today.

im in Atlanta, was up to newberry yesterday for a quick up and back.... the problem is on the crossover tube on the mountain performance kit there is no burp valve..... i have let the air out from the front end numerous times, any ideas on how to burp better, other than downing a twelve pack???

let it snow, it is coming down good now... we have already gotten 2 or 3 inches since 9 AM.

Same tube used on the Hartman kit, Put a block under one of the skis to give the sled a lean & remove the rear hose cover from the same side. Loosen the hose clamp while the sled is running & hose is warm slide a pick under the hose @ the tube.... Presto You now have a burped cooling system with the crossover tube.

you can also install a mpi U-shaped cooler, or hartman or mpi's modified mountain max cooler to give you more surface area to cool the sled better. coolers always work better than the cross over tubes. i have the u/cooler 136 rails, 144 tunnel and slp pipes no cooling issues whatsoever. ski

i have mountain performances cooler on the way, better safe than sorry, a cooler is alot cheaper than an engine... plus if i decide to add pipes, im good to go.... thanks for the help.....

136 Kit

That's why i went with Maxxperf's kit you can use the stock rear heat exchanger. My srx had it stock, not sure on the vipers though. Good Luck

When you install the MPI cooler. try Bushmans idea on burping, as the cooler will not have a bleed screw unless you decide to add one yourself.

Back