Before I pipe my 700SX, a few questions...

MonctonR1

Website
www.gixxer.20m.com
Before I really decide to pipe or not my 700SX, anything I should know... I know I will need to re-clutch and re-jet... Is there enough cooling as is, or will I need to improve it as well...

I like my sled but just want the extra juice when I hit the wide open trails... What are your experiences with pipes...

you will be impressed when you pipe that bad boy! It is the greatest single thing you can do to that sled to wake it up !No worries , no problems, just simply enjoy your newfound beast! You will have the quickest sled in the twisties ...hands down!!!

The only downfall is a piped Yammie will drink gas like a large doo twin!!!!

My Bender piped 700 got 12 to 15 MPG, and never had any reliabilty issues.
It did become a gas GUZZLER after I had it ported, 8 -10 MPG.
I ran the Bender pipes for over 5000 miles on the stock motor, about 1000 with Bender porting. I'd do the pipes again, but not the porting.

Outlaw..i agree 100% .....porting em makes em hugely thirsty cus then you gotta run even bigger pilots & turn out the fuel screws more. I got a bud in Northern Mb. running pi end dumps. I set his sled up...totally stock 01 sx-r with stock head gasket & only reed spacers & clutching. He runs to -30 with 147.5-146.3-146.3, 47.5 pilots & needles raised 1/2 & he is allmost allways gets better fuel mileage then anything in his group. His is one of the better ones I helped to set up.

My sled is still very good on gas..even with PI end dumps and mild porting. I ran 146's for two years and finally managed to blow it up acouple of weeks ago in -20 and 3' of powder. I've since jetted down to 150s but I doubt it will hugely effect my mileage. I have been one of the best sleds in our group of Vipers and SRXs..the RX is the only one that gets me at the pump.

Turk have you had anyone run the airbox mod and pipes?? I'm thinking this may be my big problem....

I was considering selling the 700SX for a new Venom but I can't let go of the smaller chassis and hood... I just find the Viper to be so much bigger fealing...

The long-travel would have been nice!

The airbox mod calls for bigger pilots, higher needle setting & larger mains. I allways keep the airbox stock. I did the mod once on a 600 sRX & it was a jetting nightmare!

That makes sense considering I'm running 150s, 52.5s, and 3.5 on the needle and everyone else...isn't.

Time to break out the duct tape!!

Thanks for confirming my suspisions...

Back