First ride, smoked 2 F7's

unimog

First ride of the year and my two buddies came with their F7's fresh from the dealer. Both had studs installed, one had a D&D pipe and clutch kit. I smoked them last year no problem. I really made them look bad this time, all that money blown on the pipes and my SRX is still way faster from begining to end. My sled has a 1 1/4" Kimpex track, no studs, a Bender cold air kit, and a Bender clutch kit. To bad for those Arctic Can'ts, they will just burn more gas now. Also beat up a ZR 800 no problem and a ZRT 600.

WAY TO GO!!!! I love to hear that. Damn cats....I got a couple of buds with F'ers and they make me nuts,, just think they're the S #$%&* . They had rights last year, but hopefully this year I'll get m' with the triples. (viper)

A. lways
R. ide
C. areful
T. o
I. mpress
C. uz
C. ats
A. lways
T. urd

piped viper = forgotten f7

piped viper if set up correctly, can whoop a f7 from start to finish, so will a srx, its all in the set up. Most guys dont take the time and use the right parts.

unimug: has the right first thing listed.....traction...1.25" track, you can have 200hp, it ya cant put it down to the snow, its useless!

Last edited:
unimog said:
First ride of the year and my two buddies came with their F7's fresh from the dealer. Both had studs installed, one had a D&D pipe and clutch kit. I smoked them last year no problem. I really made them look bad this time, all that money blown on the pipes and my SRX is still way faster from begining to end. My sled has a 1 1/4" Kimpex track, no studs, a Bender cold air kit, and a Bender clutch kit. To bad for those Arctic Can'ts, they will just burn more gas now. Also beat up a ZR 800 no problem and a ZRT 600.

what year srx?? do i have a chance with my 99??

my 00 runs pretty good next to my buddies 03 f7

just bought an 04 f7 so we'll see what happens

yeah i have a pretty good clutch set up and mine is geared, and i have a 1-1/4 ripsaw, and i still cant get any traction, so im puttin on my 1 inch with 192 studs. now it should be a lil differant story!!!!!!!

99SRXvs F7

I do well with mine now after the RIPSAW! I ran two last week both stock F7's and they didn't stand a chance! They were picked. My only performance mod is a #4 (Trail) clutch kit. Its all about Hook up! WOW What a difference THAT RIPSAW makes! Nothing like a CAT Running with its tail between its legs!

its always good to hear about a srx smoking a firecracker, oops i ment firecat. Those things might be fast but it seems like they blow fast i cant count the number of firecrackers i've seen getting towed this season alone so i think i'll stick to my viper.

carmanSRX said:
What kind of clutching do you have done? My 99 srx can't touch the f7. Hate those f-ing cats. I'd rather lose than ride one.
That's AWESOME!!!!!! I told my buddy the other day "I'd rather quit sledding than ride an artic crap"

CarmenSRX---Your sled should be right in the mix with those F7's. If they're gettin' ya bad then your tuning is way off. Clean your clutches and carbs and rejet for your area. Add some good studding and maybe change a top gear. You're not telling us what race you're racing. Call Bender and get a clutch kit. Tell them what you're trying to do and they'll send it to ya. Now get going!!!

Back