2001 SRX front sag

500Sabertooth

Ok, need some help here. Going to the UP riding tomorrow and was messing around with my front sag height, which I've never played with before. The manual states that I need about 1" of sag for the SRX. This was calculated by taking the 5-15% (I chose the higher of the range) of the total front 7" travel...which is just 1" of sag. This doesn't seem possible, even with me cranking the preload all the way tight.

Now, contrary, I also read in the manual "Aluminum body shock spring preload adjustments should be limited to + or - 10mm from the standard installed length of 223mm." This puts the shock in a extreme soft preload position opposite of the 1" sag mentioned above. Needless to say I'm real confused now. I hope someone can shed some light on this for me before I leave in the morning. :o|

where ya heading up here? im in newberry, snocross races rite across the street from my house. if the trails are not good, stop by should be a fun time

Not sure where were riding too, first time up there.

Come on guys, someone has to have an answer on this sag thing. Does no one adjust their front suspension?

Back