broken engine mount bolt

TimeBomb

just found out i have a broken engine mount bolt in the motor. has anyone had this problem on a viper? would the engine torque limiter kit be a wise buy before i put it back together to prevent this from happening again?

ill go you one better, ill sell you a srx front engine mount with three bolts and you should buy the srx torque limiter from yamaha also.
atleast the srx torque limiter but both will be better.

i had a broken bolt the first year on my 02 viper, then this fall found i was missing a nut on the bolt, added loctite to threads and a torque limiter.

mine was covered under warranty for the first one.

Had one of the front bolts work loose in my 02 viper ER. Then in turn it broke the other bolt in the same mount. Had to pull motor to fix. Covered by warranty. I would suggest some removable strength Loctite. I also have the torque limiter installed (I suggest this).

I broke 2 engine mounts the 1st yr I had my 02 viper. Installed SRX torque limiter and stayed off the nasty 4 ft whoops on the UP trails on weekends.

same here , i bet 60% of the vipers did it , if it is a non er i would buy the bracket from betheviper , it fixed all my problems ...

same thing for me rancidjo, 1 bolt worked loose and the other broke off on the same mount. got the engine almost out, just need to pull the clutch.

how much has to be done to put the torque limiter in? easy? hard? i want to get one but i would like to get as much put back together as i can once i get the motor out and the bolt fixed. can i put the motor back in and then install the torque limiter later?

Back