was bored so I made this

bluemonster1

LIFE MEMBER ONLY ONCE!!!
getting a little boring here so decided I wanted to make some kind of a device so I could fog 3 cylinders at a time.Figured something out using the little spray can plastic spray extensions.Drilled a block for lines to go thru,clipped on wire to the hose to create the outside bends.It ain't exactly pretty..but it does work using only 1 can of Fogging oil to spray 3 cylinders all the same time.I sprays out pretty damn awesome on all 3 lines..
You have to make sure where the lines go into the block are sealed good,first timed they leaked on me.Kinda rushed everything,so I siliconed all around the lines and block to stop any leaks and it worked.I used heat shrink tubing over the little plastic tubes and to actually connect them up to each other.

Attachments

• P3310167.JPG
    P3310167.JPG
    133 KB · Views: 19
  • P3310168.JPG
    P3310168.JPG
    177 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:

Well it worked really good today,fogged both motors and it was flawless.Want to make a much better one later.Everything went well although I see my SRX is still leaking coolant from the pump area.There was a nice puddle on the floor today..:o|.I just replaced mechanical seal 2 seasons back when I re built the motor,can't figure out why it has to leak for.Piss's me off because now I will have to pull the motor out in the fall so I can get to work on it...always something..but this kind of work I don't need..yet the pump on the 600 isn't leaking and did it at the same time...it was fine the first season after rebuild,last season I noticed it dripping from the pump and now this confirms it and I was only on low rpm's yet and got a good puddle...#$%&*

PS: got to fog the motor with a mask on,nearly passed out from all the smoke when I did the SXR first..it was brutal man..I still smell that fogging oil smoke on me...:o|

I just changed all the parts in my pump. Except the O ring gasket on the cover. Put on 75 miles this wekend, last ride of the year. Never lost a drop of antifreeze. My shaft and my impeller were both worn more than I felt green loctite would hold from wobbling. The $20 washer was completely hatched. I never pulled the motor. Good luck.

would be nice to do it with motor in place,but to get at the mechanical seal will be difficult and getting it out.Maybe its just the gasket(have an extra one)but kinda hard to tell..seems to drip right in the front under where the impeller would be.I know there is a weep hole there...

My MM went out a couple years ago and I was able to do it with the motor in. I will say it wasn't easy. Pulling the lod seal out was the hardest part. Sorry blue that sucks.

I would look at that option first I guess to avoid all the extra work that would be involved pulling the motor..gonna be a lot of swearing involved I think...:dunno:

Hey Doug, I'm asking cause I'm curious, not because I'm a smart-***, but does that distribute the fogging oil evenly? It looks to me like most of the oil would go to the middle tube... I assume you tested it. I'm always wondering when I see these if the oil gets to all 3 cylinders equally.

yep it does shoot thru all 3 tubes.Best to put the can of fogging oil in a bucket of warm water first to warm up the stuff,,then it sprayed out much easier.Like I said it ain't purdy but it works.You could make the main line a little shorter.The can of fogging oil I have here says on it that it can be sprayed up side down also,so maybe a shorter line.As long as the tubes don't leak,the spray will make its way thru all the tubes.I am happy the way it worked...lot of friggin smoke...lol

I have been searching on line for miniature line and fittings..still no luck finding something that will work..seems all tubing is to large..If I could find fogging oil in bulk..then I could make a set up with larger line to spray it using my compressor somehow.This is gonna be my summer project trying to figure something good and then manufacture it and sell by the hundreds..lol

I still wanna try and search to see if I could find some of this small turbing in a roll.I would like to try and make another one and make it look a little more professional..Maybe can start to manufacture these..

Back