Aqua Lark

Sno-Xr

Heres a boat that Ive had for atleast 25 years, but it hasnt seen water in probably 10(took a backseat to our Yammi WaveVenture) Thought it was a good time to get it going again so my kids could enjoy it as much as my friends and I did.

A few things Ive done since pulling it out of the barn

Stripped the blue AstroTurf carpeting out
Repaired the Transom and installed a Diamond plate transom
Repaired a soft spot in the floor
Replaced the whole steering system with a new TeleFlex helm,cable and splash well kit and Steering wheel
Installed two new folding seats( it had a fiberglass bench)
New carpet
Waiting to get the 25hp Johnson back from my buddy who is going through it

and picked up a nice two place jet ski trailer so I can take both to the lake

Attachments

• photo(1).JPG
    photo(1).JPG
    126.1 KB · Views: 4
  • photo(2).JPG
    photo(2).JPG
    115.6 KB · Views: 2
  • photo(3).JPG
    photo(3).JPG
    137.5 KB · Views: 8
  • photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    87.1 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:

A few more pics

Think maybe a new paint job next year ;)!

Attachments

• boatphoto 1.JPG
    boatphoto 1.JPG
    98.1 KB · Views: 7
  • boatphoto 3.JPG
    boatphoto 3.JPG
    110.3 KB · Views: 7
  • boatphoto 4.JPG
    boatphoto 4.JPG
    116.2 KB · Views: 3
lol Yeah, its an old 25hp johnson, probably not pushing a full 25hp these days!! haha
Seems like it ran around 30-35 mph with one adult. And yes, it definitely got a lot of attention on the lake!

Pretty neat, looks like a real good time. Is 25hp the limit on one of those?

On a side note it appears there MAY be enough room to convert it over to jet drive with say a GP1300 triple mill in there.

Ive seen a few others with 35's, but mine is missing the tag so Im not sure what the max is suppose to be. Although I think its 20hp?!?!
Ive thought about the Jet drive, but I think the motor would end up right next to my left butt cheek!! hahaha With a 4' beam ,not really enough room for two people and a triple side by side...by side!

I've got an old 25hp Johnson seahorse tiller with a new prop on my 14' aluminum and it pushes me at 27mph on the GPS on flat calm water. That thing will be fun! Cool project.

Is that a 2 stroke? If so at least we have proof that Yamaha still knows how to make one, even if it is a boat motor.

Back