sxr 500 clutching project.

get a manual and read..To get a manual for your sled for free..become a vip member on here..Do searches and read and learn..we all were in the same boat once upon a time.....did you not see the video I posted above on how to dismantle the primary....

yeah i did looks simple...lol... um to adjust the belt you said that to order a few washers to put the 3 bolts out front. because those are the only 3 bolts i see. and also if i just undo the secondary man bolt will the secondary just slide off or do i need to use the puller? or will only one side come off?
thanks for being so patient with me!. i know i must sound really retarded when it comes to this!!!!LOL!!!

the bolts for the belt adjustment are on the backside (airbox side) of the secondary. the 3 you see on the frontside hold the helix on (and holds the secondary together). no puller needed for the secondary, just the primary.

SRX500kid said:
yeah i did looks simple...lol... um to adjust the belt you said that to order a few washers to put the 3 bolts out front. because those are the only 3 bolts i see. and also if i just undo the secondary man bolt will the secondary just slide off or do i need to use the puller? or will only one side come off?
thanks for being so patient with me!. i know i must sound really retarded when it comes to this!!!!LOL!!!
there is a first time for everyone.Nothing like digging into it and learning.And if you get stuck on something..just ask away on here..staggs will answer everyone of your questions for you from now till snow season...he will be our new daman,,lmao

staggs65 said:
the bolts for the belt adjustment are on the backside (airbox side) of the secondary. the 3 you see on the frontside hold the helix on (and holds the secondary together). no puller needed for the secondary, just the primary.
hey daman..I mean staggs..I think he wants pics of all that also...lol.

ok then # 8 and 9 bolt and washer times 3.Washers come .5 or 1 mm thickness
other end the 3 big washers 20 and 22 go up against 2ndary....2 different beasts here.
You can change plate #3 because they get worn spots as well as change them 3 bolts as they wear down as well.I replaced mine,but didn't realize I could just flip the plate over...:o|#$%&*#$%&*
Imagearik0SntIuiZ6hyGermjQElUaribYA-1.gif

Last edited:
HERE IS YOUR PRIMARY..NO CHARGE!!!The #4's ,#15 and #9 should be replaced if that clutch has not been opened up yet as well..they are worn for sure.

Imagearik0SntIuiZ6hyGermjQElUaribYA-2.gif

Last edited:

Back