viper summer project

97mm700

hello TY members, this will be a kind of small process, because i dont start work for another month to start buying parts, but thought i would start the thread early, i have a viper 700 triple MOD 136 was done up for 660ft racing and going to make it into a 141, going to use a rs venture suspension, artic cat 3.0 pitch 15.2.25 track, going to get the 7 tooth avid anti rachets for 3.0 pitch, 39 18 gearing (out of a mountain max) going to use the radius rods from a mountain max to make the ski stance skinnier and going to remove the sway bar, its a stock bore stroke 696cc triple mild trail port, hauck tripple pipes/tripple silencer. cpr head mod to even out and lower the compression. vforce3 reeds with 165 mains 52.5 pilots heel clicker clutch kit primary with a custom cut 52/40 helix in the secondary. 20/40 gearing with a 70 link chain. 9t antiratchets. extended to 136" with a 2.25 finger track cut to 1.75" . boss highrise seat with optional led light and rear storage. 7' fly raisers pivot adaptor and cr contour high pro taper bars and there is a variflow installed in the airbox.
viper5.jpg
viper4.jpg
viper3.jpg
viper2.jpg
these are just a few photos of the viper

You might want to check clearance issues, if memory serves me right the biggest you can run with 7 tooth 3.0 pitch is 2", 2.25" will rub on the front cooler if you have it...if I remember correctly

my buddy has a 2.25 on his 8 tooth anti rachets, and i can fit 1.75 with 9 tooth drivers, and the 8 tooth drivers can get another half inch in there, so should fit, if not ill cut it down to a 2 inch

Last edited:
I just asked tom hartman a couple of week ago.if a 2.25 was possible with a 7 tooth drivers and his answer was no so you may wanna double check your clearances. Might be possible tho.

yeah, it should fit though, my buddie has a venture 700 triple with the harman 136-141 update kit and got extnention plates on to go 151, he got a 2.25 finger track with 8 tooth anti rachets, and it works perfect, it should work

7 tooth 3.0 pitch drivers are bigger in diameter than 8 tooth 2.52 pitch drivers, thus allowing less track clearance. Not saying it won't fit, just be aware you might have an issue. Can't wait to see the finished product.

Ya my buddy is doing a 153 on his srx with 3.0 drivers and hartman said no you will have to clip a 2.25" track to 2" even with 7 tooth drivers. BUt you can try I guess.

yeah, i was talking to my buddie he said their a little bigger but not much, should make the clearance, going to start on the tunnel extention take suspesnion and track and all that off this weekend if i dont go out of town,
IMG_0265.jpg

This is a picture of the bars,

IMG_0262.jpg

A cloce up of the rs venture break line extention cable i got rigged up on er for the higher bars

IMG_0261.jpg

Just a pic of the new thingie off of a rs venture for the hard warmers and light switch

IMG_0260.jpg

A picture of the tunnel what is going to be going on the viper, its a tunnel off of a edge chassis rmk 144 its angled so it will wheelie better

IMG_0264.jpg

This is the rad i will be using in the tunnel from a rmk 700 edge chassis

IMG_0258.jpg

Just a back view of the viper, as you can see the tunnel is broke a bit from wheelies and stuff,

done a bit of work to er today, she got like milk oil in the chain case, from where i sunk er the spring, but got the skid track and chain case took off of er, and that spline thingie for the spedometer got one of them thingies broke off, its like a cog in the chain case but really small, i got pictures, wondering if i will have to get a new one? also got a picture of the track im getting for er

powerclaw2.jpg

pics045.jpg

pics044.jpg

pics042.jpg

pics041.jpg

pics039.jpg

had to take one of the pipes off to get the chain tenchener loostened

pics037.jpg

this is the spline thingie

pics035.jpg

pics032.jpg

pics031.jpg

the milk like oil

pics029.jpg

skid taken out, got a bit of work done today, going to start on the tunnel extention tomorrow.

WHat do you mean spline thingie? DO you mean that one of the splines on the jackshaft are broken? COuld use a picture of the damage.

Ps I have a jackshaft with a good bearing on it if you end up needing a new one ill sell it to you.

The spline thingie i think he's talking about it on the speedo gear. A lot of people remove a spline or 2 after droping to 8 thooth drivers or changing gearing to help correct the speedometer and get it closer to real speeds. Do a search or i think there is even a post in the tech section about it. The speedo thingie will be just fine.

ok, i was just wondering, it had 9 tooth anti rachets going with the avid 7 tooth 3.0 pitch, so it wont do any anything? and yes its the speedo gear

i have thousands of parts, more than i need, getting my old mountain max i built also for the suspension going to part it out, track is bad shape and magnetto issues but got another one for it

picked up this big bad boy today

ipod026.jpg

ipod027-1.jpg

ipod028.jpg

got the chain case track and suspension took off of er today, ill have pictures uploaded tomorrow, parting er out, my buddies got er all pretty much called for for parts, which is a good thing :)

Back