my new to me truck

fourbarrel

VIP Lifetime Member
Bought this in December and have been trying to do some minor customizing to make it look at bit different than the other ones arouund here.

Attachments

• new truck 032 (Small).JPG
    new truck 032 (Small).JPG
    89.4 KB · Views: 3
  • new truck 037 (Small).JPG
    new truck 037 (Small).JPG
    98.9 KB · Views: 4

Congrats on the truck!!!
I been towing my sleds with my van and been thinking about trading it in for a nice 4x4 pickup, but they are too damn expensive.
Anyways good luck with it.

rims might be the easiest way to go.

http://www.jegs.com/i/Mickey-Thompson/672/1078170/10002/-1?parentProductId=1067834

these would probably look good on it. i have the ultra version on my truck for the summer with a set of terragrapplers. i run the stockers in the winter with teratrack studded tires. i used the stock rubber on the ultras untill i got fed up with them in the summers.

could also go with euro style headlights and tail lights as well. roll up tonneau cover saves money on gas and is out of the way when you need to load your sled/other toys and keeps the box dry.

For right now I think I'll go for the easy stuff like leveling kit,chrome bumper ends and perhaps fender flares,the tires were put on new when I bought it ,Michelin LTX M/S 2's,so I will run them for a year or 2 and then I will see what I can come up with.I have thought about mabey a hyper tech or some such tuner too but we'll see how the summer and the OT at work goes LOL.

When I bought this truck I couldn't believe the prices of them,it's an 08 but still.............
I checked both sides of the border and I was surprised to see US prices as high or higher than what some of them were here.I sold a 99 LT (leather interior) and wanted to get another but all the LTZ's I was looking at were either a bit out of what I wanted to spend or wrong colour.I never saw so many black trucks for sale in my life and I really didn't want black,too many of them around here as it is.

Last edited:
That's very nice. I have an 06 Z71 and I really like it. 135K and just getting broke in. They are expensive so I take pretty good care of it. Mobil 1 and whatever it needs. Just bought some Michelin LTX M/S 2's and they ride a lot better than the Goodyears that I took off. You can get 20 + MPG on the hiway if you take it easy. Good luck with it.

Back