High mileage redheads oil brands?

20000km and since theres nowhere to get fancy oils here i always used the esso 2-stroke oil at the local gas station

Whatever

On a redhead it doesn't matter. You could probably use your used motor oil out of your lawnmower and it would still go forever. LOL

Madmatt

A couple of bucks said:
I'll second that. And at @ $23/gal, ya can't complain. And that's.........FULL SYN. $21 on sale at Farm & Fleet. Not one I-OTA of problems here.
We run Mysik oil in all of our vehicles. We install about 300 gallons of motor oil a year, and 20 to 25 two stroke oil, both Watercraft and Snowmobile. Al

Years ago a Pennsoil salesman told me that alot of the off brands were sold by major refiners and just bottled in different labels. Some with lower prices some with higher. I remember reading Turk saying to burn the cheap stuff so I use Motomaster....no problems and 4800 miles...

s10mike said:
5300 miles, wal mart super-tech. 10 bucks a gallon. 01sxr700. no problems so far!!

My buddy has same sled, runs same oil. Had to replace outter pto crank bearing @ 11 THOUSAND! Sleds sneaking up on 13K!

Just sold a 2002 SX600R 19,008 miles was still stock (never rebuilt) when it left my garage. Yamalube then Citco Sea & Snow.

Derek

P.S. I have a 2001 SX500R for sale 8,500 miles used the same oils.

7700+ miles, new pistons, rings, and outter crank bearings at 7500 because I could. Amsoil HP Injector. Which I believe has now been renamed to HP Marine if I remember right.

YooperMike said:
I wouldn't consider it high mileage, but ~6500 miles on my MM and always used Yamaha 2S.

x2 here. I always ran yamaha oil on any boats I worked on and we never had any problems with them.

Yamalube for 16,000 & for ever just cause I like to support my dealer, but I dont reckon the brand matters on these bullet proof redheads, and I use premium gas

Back