front rear srx shock

tripple_tripple01

anyone had any trouble with the front shock in the rear suspension breaking? i bought my sled witha new front shock because it broke, and tonite i broke it again!!!! is this a common problem??

jim,
try to let out your limiters a little, it will take some tension off the shock so they wont break and you will have much better weight tranfer as well as traction. you can pull the back up for the ice drags.

check your front mount, it may have turned, causing it to bind and snap the end off. yes this does happen alot.

below is a picture of how to cure the front mount from rolling. this mount is what holds the rails paralel. all this preasure causes the mount to crack and turn.

Attachments

• christmas 265.jpg
    christmas 265.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 16
hey tom, my msn is not working???? and i left a message for your bro to call me at my home # i had to work yesturday, but im open tomorrow if he didnt get it fixed please!!!!!!!!!!!!!! let me know. ok now for the front shock ( lol) if you still have them shocks let me know by replying on here, like i said my msn is not working, i can gett o the site but cant type or recieve anything??? i gotta get my sled back toghther asap, kitty cats are calling......................... should i be shakin? i guess they are gettin a lil mad, running out of lives....................jim

do you still need any shocks???

Do you still need a shock(s)-Ihave a set (STD. travel) off from a 2000 SRX-
in good shape just sitting in my pole barn collecting dust. If you need them -let me know-make me an offer.
thanks-matt
517-339-9350-lansing area

I have had both of those break. First the front shock broke, right below the top eye mount. Then another time, shortly after, that mounting braquet (connects shock shaft to rail) broke, right at the weld. The shaft bolt got sheered off and left the braquet on the rail and the shock shaft broke the weld and came loose. Took the shaft off and had it welded. M-10 in the SRX now though, so no more breaking the Pro-Action parts on a weekly basis

yeah mine broke at the bottom, i guess its pretty common, i have had lots of people pm me on how to fix it and how to prevent it from happing again. thanx for all the info you all have been a very very big help

i have a set of rear shocks but they are long travel mountian SRX shocks. (they will work though) lol they are also on ebay

you break a shock because you're bottoming it. If a shock works constantly in it's normal range of travel you will wear it out but not break it. I have seen similar problems, I kept beating the bumper out of it. I actually ended up using a shorter shock but increased the compression dampening to keep it from hitting too hard in the front. No more problem

Back