95 V-max 500 with PSI pipes

Braapgonebig

I was wondering if anyone with these pipes that fit both the 500 and 600 has any problems with hood clearance not being able to shut the hood with it resting on the clutch side pipe. Would this be a problem if i covered everything with heat tape if it touched the pipe?

i put the PSI pipes on my 700 sx and i had the same problem i covered the inside with some heat tape where needed after a while it melted the foam but i think that it is good to leave the foam there its one more layer of protection before the hood. no problems since the foam melted to the tape and hood

Braapgonebig said:
I was wondering if anyone with these pipes that fit both the 500 and 600 has any problems with hood clearance not being able to shut the hood with it resting on the clutch side pipe. Would this be a problem if i covered everything with heat tape if it touched the pipe?
......Make sure you have good insurance, and let it burn so you can get that bigger sled that you want..... :Moon: ...Anyway I think I have some heat tape if you need it, if not I know someone that can get you some..... ;)!

I had PSI pipes on my VMAX 600 and had no real issues with the fit, but make sure you watch your coolant lines. I actually put a extra piece of hose and reflective tape in between the coolant line and the expansion chamber on the pipe. This seemed to work fine for me until a tree bent the pipe ;)!

Back