Enclosed trailers Rance

alswagg

VIP Member
First let me tell you we currently have a 27' enclosed trailer, over the axle/wheel. We were at the MSA show this weekend looking at several trailers. I was shocked at the prices and styles of the trailers. Now ours is a 97 model with at least 75,000 miles. No manufacturer would warranty the trailer for milage, only time. ie 12 month up the 24 month. Most were on display of the narrow type, ie offset placement of the sleds, I am not a fan of this at all, due to difficulty loading and unloading. On ours, if I want to unload one and reload, I only have to relocate one other. On an narrow, offset design, if you unload one, you have to relocate three others to reload the single. I also noted none offered heat, now we did install our own heater and this can be done on the new also. My biggest complaint was the weak axles and tires, I did inspect all the differant brands, the strongest tires in the enclosed segment was a 6 ply tire, most were 4 ply. Most were rated at 1,500 lbs per tire. This equates to 6,000 lbs. Now most sleds are 500+ pounds and the trailers ranged from 1,750 to 2,220 lbs. This gives absolutly no room for any additional cargo or even the weight of the fuel.
Anyways, I will quit my rant and keep my good ol Rance with 75,000 miles and run another 5k to 7k this winter. See Ya Al

Back