Jetting A Ported Engine

fourbarrel

VIP Lifetime Member
I've got an 01 SRX with trail ported cylinders and stock heads,V force reeds,stock exhaust,bored carbs to 35.5mm and holes drilled in the upper half of the airbox.I'm looking for a safe jetting setup for reliable trail use at sea level or slightly above.The airbox holes I can close up easily but the rest I will most likely run as is with the exception of the bored carbs,if I start having bogging issues I'll probably put stock bore ones on.

Who's running a ported SRX and what are you running for jetting?

I have my Mr Viper Ported srx jetted as per his specs, im sure we should be jetted the same or at least similar dure to our climate and elevations. Im quite sure i am over jetted as it only ran really strong one day when it was -17. We just dont get that cold very often. I would say our average temps last year were -5-10 celcius at best. I rembemer a few rides in the pluses last winter.

150 mains
needles at 3.5
42.5 pilots
fuel screw @ 1.5 out

Im pretty sure i can run my stock 148 jets and be quite close. With the air box holes mabey 150s would be a safeplace to start. Granted i dont know alot about jetting yet thats just what i have going on.

Yeah your setup would be just about what I'll need as we're only about 90 miles apart.Thanks.
I've got a pm into Don as well so hopefully he'll verify the info you just give me too.

Here's what I've been running with no issues down to -30c at less then 1000'asl

2002 SRX
-premium fuel
-power inc pipes with stock silencer
-trail ported
-mild 12:1 compression ratio with .057 squish
-carbs bored to 35.5mm
-carb vents stock
-gutted airbox
-Boyesen rage cages

Mains: 152.5
Needles: stock
Needle position: 3.5
Pilots: 45s
Fuel screws: 1.5

Bob

Hi Bob what kind of plug colors are you getting ? You know how much HP & torque you are pulling? TX Bob

Last edited:

Back