why cant I get good ski lift

yamyrider

I have a 2000 SX700R with Bender Clutch kit, Bender can, reed spacers, 2 layers of head gasket removed, a camoplast preditor fingure track. I rode for 4 hours yeaterday and she pulls ok, did about 100MPH across the lake but cant seem to get ski lift on take off. I cranked my transfer rodes up to the top which if I understand correctly is full transfer and not much lift. I may get about 1/2 an inch. Is it the way I have the rest of my suspension set up or could there be problems. I have not mastered the art of suspension tuning.
HELP!!!!!

My SRX will only lift the ski's about an inch, but it carries them like that for a long ways. I think it's something with the proaction that doesn't like the front end coming up. I've seen cats with 40 less horsepower lift the skis way further than my yamaha. What do you have for a studs?

just installed the track with no studs yet.
I wanted to see how much tracking I have before studding.
I am thinking of using the Track Lug Stud, screw in type. probably 96.
The hook up is good but no lift. My buddies SRX will lift about 14 inches out of the hole. I know SRX and SXR are two different machines but I would get ski lift from my 400 Indy.

Ski Lift

What is the point of more ski lift??

I am pretty sure that keepnig your skis just hovering off the line is better than having your skis in the air.

It is better for stability, and having more traction.

You can always loosen your limiter straps and look like a cat though

I was playing in powder yesterday and the ski lift would be just for fun in powder. I dialed the tranfer rodes thinking the fron end would lift up and even tried it on the lake after and nothing. Made me start to think maybe my overall set up is not right.

Back