fox floats fitment

maxco

So I have been looking at getting Fox Floats for my 2000 Mountain max 700. I have searched all the threads, but have not found exactly what I am looking for. In the threads here I have looked at, the floats were firecat or apex shocks that are 2-3 inches longer, but I do not want to go that route. I do not want to widen my stance or have to deal with steering rod bind. And most were on the viper, or srx which need a different clevis mount. I am specifically looking at fox floats II from off a 00-01 Polaris RMK 600-700-800. These shocks say they are 14.25 center to center. This looks to be a good fit for my sled dimension wise. What I cant seem to find is how large the mounting bolts are. Anyone know or know someone who might? I need to know what diameter the front shock mounting bolt is for this sled. I asked a vendor, and they said to check fox floats for fitment. checked fox's website they didn't have that info. I am looking for a direct bolt on. Any help out there?
I am evaluating this and would like to know how people who have floats feel about them. I currently have Works shock all the way around. I do not know how worthwhile this upgrade might be. I know that I only want to look at a direct bolt on, maybe, maybe some bushings. Thanks for any thoughts, and looking foreward to some good riding this year. :2strokes: :letitsnow :letitsnow

for what its worth, i have a 99 rmk sitting here i just stretched to 144 i could pull some numbers off of. did a quick cross check and the same mounting bolts and springs were used in subsequent years.

no guarantees on sizing but may get you in the ballpark.

Thanks

Thanks for the information. Do those shocks have bushings as well? And if so what is the o.d. For the bushings? ;)!

rubber bushings, metal insert collars, appear to be vulcanized together.

these rubbers are a bit smushed, but slightly over 1" on the inside diameter of the metal eye.

much thanks

I really appreciate the info. It is close for size 3/8 would fit the lower, but not the upper. The top mounting bolt is slightly larger.

my mtn maxes (00, 01) use the same bolt top and bottom and the shocks have the clevice mounts on the top to fit the bulkhead mount. in fact, most my sleds use the same bolt for both ends regardless of mount.

i assume you are referring to the ski shocks. do you have something odd with your sled or am i overlooking something? seems like your shocks would be clevis top and eye bottom.

Correct

The shocks are for the front. The bolt that was in the top of the shock wad not OEM, but it fit my works shocks, that being said I do not know if they was any drilling or modifications to the Heims. There may be just enough slop to allow a slightly larger diameter bolt.? They should be the same top and bottom. I broke one shock last year, and borrowed one from a friend. It bolted right on, so maybe a little room in those bushings?
This still does not confirm if these fox shocks would fit, but it looks good. ;)!

Back