snow depth at Krupps Resort, Twin lakes MI

alswagg

VIP Member
snowcam.jpg

I just went by there yesterday on my way from Ontonagon to Houghton.. that image is fake, its all green grass and sunshine up here. :letitsnow
On a more serious note, the same amount can be found in various localized places as well. I was out running logging roads around ontonagon in my pickup and there was well over a foot in most places. Its VERY wet up here though. I would not make any plans to come up for a couple weeks yet.

A freind of the family just called to see if I could plow his mile long private drive, says there is 17"........sorry cant plow but I am loadin up the sleds and heading over! His cabin is half way between Kalkaska and grayling, just off the blue bear trail.

I can tell you that one from bellaire if "real" is SEVRELY localized. I live 15 minutes from bellaire and drove threw there today 2-3 inches at most every where. Seen more than a few sets of sled tracks. Only sled I seen was a Artic cat ZL 500 with 2 adults and a child in between them.

staggs65 said:
trying to keep it for yourself for a few weeks? :dunno: :D:DP
Haha no. Just a heads up unless you want to do some mudding on your sled. Mudmobiling? Trail 13 is real bad though. At one point there is a stretch that I am quite familiar with that was all water for about 35 yards. That stretch will eat a pickup truck whole in the spring/summer. It should be nicely frozen a week or so after opening day.

I will be up there for the holidays and will gladly go out and scout the deep woods trails. Trail 13 runs by two hunting camps that belong to my dads buddies so I will be out in the woods anyways.

Back