gpx oval suspension set up

thunderjet440

74 suspension..was wondering how much track should be on the ground?,also,an old timer told me they used to drill a new hole and raise the front of the skid 1.5 inch's higher...any thoughts???

will it be run on ice if so you will have you work cut out for you we had no choice but to raise the front arm and i had the front arm tight against the bump stops that was on the 433 on my 338 i put a 78 srx rear skid........wow what a difference the 75 gpx works awsome

yep,ice oval,i have a 75 suspension,but it needs some work and i don't have $ for a new track,nutz how far did you raise it and how much track on the ice? been told 16 to 20 inch's,sound about right?

moved it up a little over a inch sled is piled away in the back corner of the storage building or i would run out and measure track on the ground is up to you testing will only tell ya plus wheather or not you are running stock skis or northstars lets put it this way i use to run with like 16 '' or so but i think mine is up to 20 now i run more tack on the ground for ovals than drag racing you can see in the pic on the 75 that i have a lot of track on the ground and this thing never pushes ..........i have more issues with keep the sled from spinning out
1159989508_nkksF-XL.jpg

thanks for the info,i don't expect to be a winner with this set up,seems everyone has gone to indy or phazer suspensions,but i'd like to get around the track a bit smoother than in the past.
nice sled,remember seeing it at eagle river

i have not tried newer skids yet because the stock ones work ............thanks for the comments ............sled was a rocket and still is but i had motor issues last year just finished rebuilding the crank a few weekends ago..............had just about 7 years of hard racing on this bottom end before it decided to give me problems

Back