Something sledders never (ever) wish they have to face...

Skullnick

I have been sledding for most part of my adult life and have had a back condition since I can remember. Up until a year ago I (age 39) have always limited to the amount of hours I spend on the trails & have been VERY cautious & always clenched my teeth & managed to tough it out.....(the pleasures of sledding outweighed the spine-stabbing pain :) ). I received my latest results today after going through some tests and it looks like my condition (Spondylethisis) will give me no choice but to give it up :mad: .

With the prospect of having to sell my sled I have no idea what I have may be worth, if anyone can give me an idea I would greatly appreciate it. The sled can be seen here:
http://photobucket.com/albums/v467/Skullnick/1996 VMAX XT/

Pending what the doc sais, this stuff may be up for sale:
- Pristine 1996 VMAX XT 600, with 7000 original km's (all original & unmolested and always stored inside in the summer months) Last spring I had a major inspection (±$400 worth) and everything checked out a1, I was told compression was at approx 90-95%.
- 1 year old canvas cover
- 1 New HJC open face helmet with visor
- 2 season old Snowmobile jacket (with racing graphics)
- 1 new XL snow pants (carpenters style with suspenders)
- Custom designed lift (approx 1500Ibs) with a manual winch to pull sled and a jack to raise track off the ground.....see link.
- 2005 season pass for Quebec trails

Thanks for looking,
Nick

I have the same disease as you for about 33years contact me on my personal email maybe I can help I am still able to do all the things I enjoy with a minimum amount of pain perhaps they have missed some meds or treatment that works for me I was to be in a wheelchair 9 years ago but I am still able to act like a fool 1500km so far this year. :WayCool:

I had a double fusion done 2 years ago and the difference is incredible. I went through 4 Doctors and finally ended up with one of the top orthopods in Ontario. No regrets, no meds, and I got to keep all my toys.

Back