Need tuning advice on 94 vmax 600 with twin GYT pipes

topless64-455

It seems to be flat in the middle range or load up. When you drive around 25 mph it seems like it loads up. Also the secondary clutch has the paper bushing that the helix rides on that looks to be a little rough in a couple of small spots. How much will this affect back shifting. What is the shifting difference in position A-2 vs B-2? I am at 1000 ft and ride about 30 degree temps. Should I have the needles at 2.5 with the pipes and the 158 jets?

Thanks for any help. Ed

We put GYT twins on our 94 600 when we rebuilt it and if I remember correctly, you are way too fat with 158 mains. Our 600 actually needed smaller main jets than the factory put in them. I think we ended up running with 153.5s and it was still very safe, probably way too rich for most people, but I always liked them dark..

I just added GYT pipes to my sons 95 Vmax 600. I changed the nozzles to Q-8's. I left the jets stock but purchased 153.8's. I was going to run it first with the stock 156.3's. I planned on lean out later if necessary.

The GYT tune sheet calls for 153.8 down to about 0* then 155's. When I had my 600 that was GYT twin piped I ran the 158.8's but with todays crappy fuel I would opt for the 155's and run the needles a little richer in the mid as my sled had the flat spot. I moved one of the washers to the top of the clip and it made a nice difference and was much peppier. My sled always had that skeg catching the dirt under the snow feeling before the adjustment, then after it was always right on the money.

Back