Will my viper keep up with a 03 fire cat f7

Yamaha for life

My buddy has a 03 f7 all stock and my viper has reeds and a can and 144 studs what will the out come of the race be ?

remove the can and go back to stock..you will gain some HP.I would say the F7 wins.Guess until you race him..we won't know for sure.If your holeshot is good..that helps.

It'll be close. I ride with a Guy that has a crossfire 700 136. he beat me by a half length no matter how we raced. I hate to admit it but those 700 twin cats are fast.

Yamaha for life said:
My buddy has a 03 f7 all stock and my viper has reeds and a can and 144 studs what will the out come of the race be ?

will it keep up? sure it will keep up but your not gonna beat him in any friendly drag race. The firecat simply has more hp then you do, you have right around 120hp, he has 140hp and less weight. A good set of heelclickers and aftermarket helix will get you a good running stock single pipe viper and it will be quick and pesky to him in trail riding.
Now, if you add triple pipes to your viper its another story.... but youll also need the clutching,gearing, jetting, and chassis set up to get full advantage of the added power.
Youd then have about 150hp with pipes so thats how you turn the tide of the outcome.

He'll smoke ya! Buddy of mine has a firecat and that thing is crazy fast...he destroy's me. You'll certainly do a lot better if you put triples pipes on your viper.

why would one spend so much money on triple pipes,porting,clutching etc. to try and beat a stock F7. Stock to stock the F7 has more power and he wins.Just get yourself an F8 and be done with it..lol..Even SRX's have trouble beating them fast Cats...Yamaha sleds are a little on the heavier side which will rob your speed... but if you both run full bore for a few miles,the Cat will blow the motor and then you will pass him by.Just pu an SRX and clutch it properly and give him a run..at least they both will be in the same HP range..but the SRX weight will hinder you still.

bluemonster1 said:
why would one spend so much money on triple pipes,porting,clutching etc. to try and beat a stock F7. Stock to stock the F7 has more power and he wins.Just get yourself an F8 and be done with it..lol..Even SRX's have trouble beating them fast Cats...Yamaha sleds are a little on the heavier side which will rob your speed... but if you both run full bore for a few miles,the Cat will blow the motor and then you will pass him by.Just pu an SRX and clutch it properly and give him a run..at least they both will be in the same HP range..but the SRX weight will hinder you still.

so buying an srx is cheaper then adding pipes and a clutch kit to his already current viper???

first you sell the Viper and then pu an SRX is what I am basically suggesting.Of course no one is going to just buy an SRX to try beat this one F7..but spending at least $1000 for pipes and porting doesn't make sense either just to beat an F7 unless you have $$ to burn and want to show off the F7.The pipes will kill your fuel mileage in the long run also.
So what we know stock to stock..the Viper will have less HP and a little more weight..and the F7 will and should win a race.If the F7 owner decides to tweak his motor also in fairness..the Viper still won't touch it even if it is piped and ported.But if you want to run with a 140 HP sled,you basically should be in the same HP range.It is like my 600 sxr trying to race my stepson's xtc700...we both seem to start off good and then he just pulls me.

bluemonster1 said:
first you sell the Viper and then pu an SRX is what I am basically suggesting.Of course no one is going to just buy an SRX to try beat this one F7..but spending at least $1000 for pipes and porting doesn't make sense either just to beat an F7 unless you have $$ to burn and want to show off the F7.The pipes will kill your fuel mileage in the long run also.
So what we know stock to stock..the Viper will have less HP and a little more weight..and the F7 will and should win a race.If the F7 owner decides to tweak his motor also in fairness..the Viper still won't touch it even if it is piped and ported.But if you want to run with a 140 HP sled,you basically should be in the same HP range.It is like my 600 sxr trying to race my stepson's xtc700...we both seem to start off good and then he just pulls me.

nobody said he could beat the f7 stock, but he isnt going to be left 2 miles behind either, the other options were just put out to give him food for thinking.

Piped and ported viper vs a f7 is no real challenge at all. look at the video staggs posted, viper walks away.....The viper with just pipes on is 150hp, 10hp more then a srx due to better porting and better timing in the cdi that comes in a viper stock, so a srx would not be the thing to buy. The viper is also lighter then a srx is.
If you now port the viper and do some more work 160-165+hp is pretty easy to get, alot quicker road to more hp with a viper then a srx, sorry but your just not right in your srx thinking on this one. I love srx's but when you bring it into this thread your not having any validity other then if you want to make 140hp it gets better gas mpg..

The only problem I see with running any F7 is they all look stock even with an ECU upgrade or fuel reducer. Now add a stealth pipe and y pipe and this seemingly stock F7 is making HP in the high 150's and becomes a weapon! I am setting up a modded SRX just for this reason. I know of 2 of these stock F7's around here. Hell my son owns one of them! They are very fast if the guy know anything about setting them up.

FOR WHAT YOU POSTED IN YOUR OPENING POST, I SAY NO CHANCE FOR YOUR VIPER (puke, hate fire scrap). WITH THAT SAID, I HAVE SEEN SUCH A PERFORMANCE GAP IN THESE SLEDS FROM WICKED FAST TO JUNK, WHO KNOWS. 3:16 (yammie tony)

jabber800 said:
The only problem I see with running any F7 is they all look stock even with an ECU upgrade or fuel reducer. Now add a stealth pipe and y pipe and this seemingly stock F7 is making HP in the high 150's and becomes a weapon! I am setting up a modded SRX just for this reason. I know of 2 of these stock F7's around here. Hell my son owns one of them! They are very fast if the guy know anything about setting them up.

Very true. I have beaten bone stock 2003 F7's in my area with my stock (clutched) Viper. On the flipside I also am acquainted with a fella that has two VERY fast 2003 F7's himself. I haven't raced him but I am pretty sure I cannot take him. His has all of the nice little mods done to both of them and has nailed down several speed run titles locally. So as said, in the right hands the F7 can be a weapon.

jabber800 said:

X2 . i am setting up a viper now and its piped,clutched,geared,jetted,and good chassie set up. ill post a video on the race between it and an 04 f7

Agree f7 r fast but come into the first corners and that cat will b climbing the closest tree. And the yammy will rail on by. If the cat rider knows how to corner wait till it blows you'll go by him. In the short across the lake not very likely without a lot of mods. If the f7 isn't having a good day you can give it a run. Both great sleds for there intended perpuse

alot of the f7 fuelies came to rich if your geared and clutch good with tranfer rods you will scare him but a f7 set up right is fast but on the other hand towed alot of them home.

Back