cylinder question

I stand corrected it is 433ccW. It is from the early 70's that is all I know. Just looking to find out what this motor was used in. Thanks

Last edited:
The only 437's I'm aware of were the 81SRX and the 80 and up SS440.

SRX would also have 8M6 cast in. SS should als have a prefix cast in (don't remember what it was). Could have been two different ones as I think the 80 cylinders were a bit different (could be wrong here).

The W doesn't sound right for either.

opsled

cylider markings

I know in the early 70's cyliners had markings like S,SL,SS just wondering what the cylinders that where marked with W are for.

yes when you said 435 i was thinking of what it could be instead of what it is not .................we need a pis to confirm "W" was used on the early sl sw etc but a pic will confirm it

at 435cc.............Phil it would fit that mystery..........yamaha piston ....LOL

ccw = Canadian Curtis Wright.

They were a manufacturing company that built snowmobile engines for john deere, scorpion, northway, raider, and probably some other brands in the early 70's. Also, sold as a general replacement motor for snowmobiles.

Yamaha Nutz said:
yes when you said 435 i was thinking of what it could be instead of what it is not .................we need a pis to confirm "W" was used on the early sl sw etc but a pic will confirm it

at 435cc.............Phil it would fit that mystery..........yamaha piston ....LOL

Maybe???

Any leads on that one?

opsled

motor

Thanks for all the info. I was trying to find out for a friend of mine. So I will pass the info on. I figure it is a early 433 out of an SW or SL single carb and exhaust. Nothing special. Thanks again.

Back