fixer upper updates and refix!!

yami1

IMG_20121217_223612 Well nothing like waiting till the last minute to work on my sled but had a bunch of house stuff to get done. So here is pic of what i want to do to my sx for updates, Got this dual headlight, gauge pod, gauges,windsheild for a screamin deal of 50 bucks so for that money you have to up date right!!!??? So want to paint windsheild black of course. Have some skidoo springs off a rev to put on.Tried the led 1157 tailight bulb from the "zone" but wasnt impressed so got the brain fart to try a trailer light led and make it work. gonna have to fab up something, but have some ideas. Also got led bulbs for gauges. Oh yeah and I want to paint hood again since it turned out like poop last year. So here we go supposed to get lake effect sat, so see if we can get her done

IMG_20121218_021018.jpg
Ok think i got this again. Been since last year since I posted stuff so a bit rusty. Dang computers. Hopefully this is a pick of hood. Got the decals stripped off. I used boiling water and poured on a towel draping over the hood. Worlked good. Still didnt take off all the glue. Dont know what them slant eyes use over the pond but sure doesnt come off. Tried acetone goo-gone. Ended up sanding down to fiberglass

IMG_20121217_223612.jpg
Okay here is what I wanted in first photo. Pic of all my stuff. Never done a working log thread so bear with me

IMG_20121218_021051.jpg
Poor sled . Been apart and back together more than its been rode. Love the lift!!! I should of made that a long time ago. Posting more as i get on with it. Hope to spray hood tonight all back together by sat. Calling for 11" sat we will see.

IMG_20121219_220948.jpg
So here is the tailight housing i made to hold led. What do you gents think. Pretty happy with it. Thinking i might make one out of stainless and see what that looks like. Had to cut the plastic that is behind the seat material to make it recess in. Wasnt real happy bout having to do that but thats the world of trying to make sh#t work. Not quite yamaha fit and finish but better than cat!!!!

IMG_20121220_095330.jpg
Getting hood into primer, had a couple spots to touch up sanding wise. Like I said before old glue from stickers didnt want to come off. had to sand the crap out of those areas. I painted it last night. Color was Victory Red by Dupliclor. Turned out pretty good. Have any of you guys used their products to paint anything or sled hoods??? Finish is dull looking. Hoping that when i wet sand and clearcoat it it will shine up a bit. Try to post pics later. Gonna mask off some of hood and spray some flat black to accent it.

IMG_20121222_110403.jpg
Painted flat blck and clear coat on it. Hope to buff out and start to put back together. Surrently not a huge hurry didnt get the snow they said we were going to get but enough to play in fields and do some tweaks. What you guys think???

IMG_20121222_213704.jpg
redid the tailight with a piece of stainless and painted. like the look better, much cleaner looking i think

here she is all done. love the dual headlight think it looks awesome, didnt get the lift i was hoping for from skidoo springs. will ride and evaluate. might have to get the viper trailing arms and spindles. other thought was to hack off upper mount on viper shock and weld on eyelet style and put sx brackets back on bulkhead. what do you all think. gonna ride for now. talking good storm on wed-thursday so hopefully trails will open

Last edited by a moderator:
IMG_20121223_162643.jpg
try again here. think i pushed wrong buttons on copy and paste. Anyway here she is finished product. Hood came out pretty good. Couple flaws but never said I was a pro body man. I was just happy everything worked after rewiring lights and stuff. Want to thank this site for endless ideas and great how to. Lets ride!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :letitsnow

IMG_20121223_162659.jpg
side view. didnt get lift i was hoping for out of shidoo springs. might have to do viper traing arms and spindles. Was also thinking i could put my stock brackets back on bulkhead, cut top shockmounts off viper shocks and make eyelet mount, weld on shock. Whats the opinions of you wrench heads

sorry about that. first time copying and pasting on my laptop. That and drinkingbudweiser and watching football dont help my limted multi tasking abilities

Back