Belt Guru's needed

Devilin AblueDress!

Going threw the belt collection today and have found 2 carlisle belts. one is Ultimax PRO 138-4432U4, From my searches I have somewhat figured out this should replace 8DN belt? And the other is ultimax3 138-4416U3...some sites say this will replace 8DN and others say it replaces 8CJ. Per specs I found the 4416 is 1/2 smaller diameter and pretty well the same thickness (1/64thdifferance) Any body know for sure? I pretty well stick to yamaha belts and both of these would just be on board as "get ne home belt". Any body familar with these belts? Can anybody save me the put em on and try them?

you would think the numbers would cross over better on the ultimax fitment chart, but, based on your description the 4416 is most likely equivalent to the 8CJ as it is typically shorter by about 3/8" than the 8DN. its also considerably softer compound for the lower output sleds.

you mentioned "1/2" smaller diameter", refering to length of belt or width of belt? the 8CJ is also narrower in heighth (belt thickness).

snowdad4 said:
you would think the numbers would cross over better on the ultimax fitment chart, but, based on your description the 4416 is most likely equivalent to the 8CJ as it is typically shorter by about 3/8" than the 8DN. its also considerably softer compound for the lower output sleds.

you mentioned "1/2" smaller diameter", refering to length of belt or width of belt? the 8CJ is also narrower in heighth (belt thickness).

Theres a TON of misinformation on the web about these, What I was able to find is belts specs are 4432=45 1/4 diameter X 1 27/64 width, 4416= 44 3/4 diameter 1 7/16 with. Which is where I got the 1/2 smaller dia and 1/64th differance in width. I think the 4432 belt came with the 98 srx 600 and I THINK the 4416 belt I actually bought new for a 95 vmax 600le.I checked multiplesites and none came back with this belt for that sled, Maybe I bought the wrong one to begin with? Both are litterally brand new or at least werent on for more than a minute or two. Hate to chuck a new belt just cuz I cant figure out what its for?

snowdad4 said:

The 4416 is the real mystery to me, all the links I found to cross referance chart wouldnt work or didnt have this belt (or even same with different U...etc part number) Guess I will have to check for one in print at the sled shop.

I have 13000+ miles on my sled mostly all on a 138-4432 belt. I believe this belt number was for most all triples until recently when they started recommending the xs 805 belt on the bigger sleds. Btw, I really like these belts!

SWEDE said:
I have 13000+ miles on my sled mostly all on a 138-4432 belt. I believe this belt number was for most all triples until recently when they started recommending the xs 805 belt on the bigger sleds. Btw, I really like these belts!
Wher you at in northern mi? We have prolly past on the trail! As it turns out a buddy picked up a SxR 500 twin today....Had a 4416 belt on it and no spare...He has a spare now!

I live in Grayling and have rode in your area quite a bit over the years. You ever ride over this way? From here to Mancelona and up to Gaylord and back is a nice day trip.

Grew up so to speak living in Lovells, went to Frederick elementary/Grayling middle school before moving to Kalkaska. Know more than a few people over that way still. Ride out towards frederick then usually east or north.

That's cool, I'm the water operator for the city here. You get better snow over your way usually, but we don't do too bad here. Overall this is a great area to ride....

Back