enticer 300 driver question

yamajohn

I want to put a 121 skid in my enticer. The drive shaft is square so its hard to find 2.52 pitch drivers. The only ones i can find are for a bravo from kimpex, they are the ones that come in a kit for the short track bravo. Does anyone know if they will fit?

They should as far as I know all the square shafts were the same size for drivers.

I think the first year ET 250 used a 2.52 track and all the longtrack ET's and Bravo's did too so they can be found they're just not very common.

The easiest square shaft sleds to convert with used parts are Ovations. 1st gen Phazer secondary drives bolt right in. Jackshaft, chaincase, driveshaft and clutch.

opsled

Last edited:
Thanks that's what I thought the bravo and early enticers have similar components. Diameter of drivers should be close to the same, the enticer has 11 teeth but 2 are between the cogs at once, the bravo has 7 teeth with one driving so the way I figure the enticer is 5.7" and the bravo is 5.6" diameter.

Kimpex # 04-108-19

yamajohn said:
I want to put a 121" track in my ET-300.
The drive shaft is square so its hard to find 2.52 pitch drivers.
The only ones i can find are for a Bravo from Kimpex,
they are the ones that come in a kit for the short track Bravo.
Does anyone know if they will fit ?
ET-300
* Stock Pitch on track and track drivers: 3,29"
* Stock Track Lenght: 102"
* Stock Track With: 15"
* Stock drive axle: 0,875" Square axle

Modified ET-300 for modern tracks with 2,52" pitch
* 7-Teeth Drivers for 0,875" Square axle ---> Kimpex # 04-108-19 ( 2,52" pitch )

;)! ;)! ;)! ;)! ;)! ;)!

:2strokes:

1978 and 1979 Enticers has 2.52 pitch but were 7 tooth drivers. No one makes 8 or 9 tooth drive sprockets for a square shaft. I have 8 tooth drive sprockets on my oval race sleds. 9 won't have the clearance. I used Bravo long track shafts ( still available from Yamaha). They are hex, but are a little too long, so I had to shorten it on the side with the big nut, machine it down and rethread it. It works great and lessons the rolling resistance with the bigger drivers. They also made a hex shaft for certain Enticer long tracks that I think will be a direct bolt it, but never could find one to try.

Lasse said:
ET-300
* Stock Pitch on track and track drivers: 3,29"
* Stock Track Lenght: 102"
* Stock Track With: 15"
* Stock drive axle: 0,875" Square axle

Modified ET-300 for modern tracks with 2,52" pitch
* 7-Teeth Drivers for 0,875" Square axle ---> Kimpex # 04-108-19 ( 2,52" pitch )

;)! ;)! ;)! ;)! ;)! ;)!

:2strokes:

Hey Lasse,

Would this also apply to converting an Ovation to a 2.52 pitch driver?
Same part number?

3wheelerdude said:
Hey Lasse,

Would this also apply to converting an Ovation to a 2.52 pitch driver ?
Same part number?
NO,
The Ovation does not have Square axle it has an Hexagonal axle.

:sled1:

Lasse said:
NO,
The Ovation does not have Square axle it has an Hexagonal axle.

:sled1:

Ok, so would an Hexagonal 2.52 driver from a Bravo fit?

Or more simply put : what drivers will convert an Ovation from 3.29 pitch to 2.52 pitch without changing the shaft?

3wheelerdude said:
Ok, so would an Hexagonal 2.52 driver from a Bravo fit?

Or more simply put : what drivers will convert an Ovation from 3.29 pitch to 2.52 pitch without changing the shaft?

1st gen Phazer is what you need to convert Ovation to 2.52.

The entire secondary/jackshaft/chaincase/driveshaft is a bolt in and you get a secondary that is worth effing with. Phazer engine will bolt up too.

Sleeper,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

opsled

opsled said:
1st gen Phazer is what you need to convert Ovation to 2.52.

The entire secondary/jackshaft/chaincase/driveshaft is a bolt in and you get a secondary that is worth effing with. Phazer engine will bolt up too.

Sleeper,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

opsled

So your saying that the drivers from a first Gen Phazer will fit the Ovation shaft?

3wheelerdude said:
So your saying that the drivers from a first Gen Phazer will fit the Ovation shaft?

Nope. They might but I haven't tried.

I'm saying to install the entire secondary drive (clutch, jackshaft, chaincase, driveshaft) frome a gen 1 Phazer and you will be set to go.

All parts will bolt in and you will get a tougher setup with a secondary clutch that is tuneable unlike the stock Ovation secondary. They were a goofy tapered setup that is much harder to work with.

I don't know about your neck of the woods but around here Phazer drive parts are easy to come by. Ovation stuff is hard to find. Do the swap and you will be done.

opsled

3wheelerdude said:
Ok, so would an Hexagonal 2.52 driver from a Bravo fit ?
Or more simply put : What drivers will convert an Ovation from 3.29 pitch to 2.52 pitch without changing the shaft ?
The hexagonal axle on the Ovation is 1"
You need to use the drivers for 1 "shaft with 7-teeth and 2,52" pitch.

Use 2 piece of KIMPEX part # 04-108-50

:sled2:

Last edited:

Back