Sx vmax heated shield voltage

88 yamaha 570

Ok so here's my problem, I'm trying to hook up my heated shield but can't find 12 volts. I've tried the blue wire for the headlight ad brake light and only getting 1 volt. I'm good with electrical but this is stumping me, my heated grips get 5 volts but I want 12 and there is a black cylinder looking thing by the headlight wich has 14 volts but for some reason I can only get 1 from the blue reference wire any ideas? I've searched and read and I can't figure it out

I beleive the "cylinder" your describing is the smoothing coil. Thats where the sheild on my GFs SxR is wired into. Was this way when we got it and appears to have ben a quality splice job. Havent had any problems with it so I havent fixed what isnt broken. Your getting 5 at warmers based on warmth setting so to speak, turned all the way up should be 12 +/- and all the way down should be 0 +/-. Every one I have ever known that spliced into warmers has wished they didnt.

With the multi meter on the blue(or blue/white) wire that comes from the brake switch, rev the motor past 4000rpm and check the reading. Should have 12v or close to it.

so what year is this snowmobile???? because it matters wether or not it has the single or dual bulb headlight as to where you get the power from, the single bulb sleds have a ac electrical system the dual bulbs have a dc, so your voltage will be quite differnt . you want clean regulated power after the regulator but it matters as to which sled year/model on the place you pick it up.

It's a 99, single headlight I was thinking it was ac also but wasn't sure as I get 14 volts from the smoothing coil and 5 volts max from Warmers, it was like tha befor and sucked so I wired it to the smoother

then every bit of info you need is in that thread, theres another thread in that one that also has the information in it, you have a sled with ac system.

Back